Old Truck Accident Pics

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Fancy having to make that call of shame. :open_mouth:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

What was he doing on the pavement in the first place? He looks to be inside the pedestrian barrier. There are no parking restriction markings so presumably he could have loaded from the kerbside. And was the open hatch marked for pedestrians? Let alone short-sighted drivers! Lots of variables here. He must have reversed onto the hatch, as the pavement is dug up behind him. There’s probably a sensible explanation that isn’t visible. Every picture misses out a thousand words! :laughing:

Although no longer a pub it still has the hatch. I guess that being one of Heygates from Northampton he was delivering bagged flour for their kitchen? Of course the hatch could have been covered but it wouldn’t stand a loaded truck on it, those GPO hatches in pavements soon break when a wheel goes over them! :blush: :unamused:

Pete.

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

robthedog:
Few F88/9’s

Couple more

0028BFE7-6283-4D13-9BB8-32C2A244621E.jpeg

Buzzer

310100530_5658418760871154_3987058985369426228_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Buzzer

If the driver was in it I’ll bet it cured his haemorrhoids. :unamused:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Perfectly flat quayside? Doesn`t look like a downhill runaway does it?
And where is it? Germany or Holland?
And what is the truck behind the Bedford?

Franglais:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

FG in the original posting it said it was in London but someone else reckoned it was in foreign lands, Buzzer

Franglais:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Dutch language signwork so Holland or Vlamse speaking part of Belgium. Lorry behind is American I think; looks Chevrolet.

ERF-NGC-European:

Franglais:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Dutch language signwork so Holland or Vlamse speaking part of Belgium. Lorry behind is American I think; looks Chevrolet.

“JanssenAutos” ? On top of building.

Franglais:

ERF-NGC-European:

Franglais:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

“JanssenAutos” ? On top of building.

Well the writing on the facing wall is Dutch. Plenty of people with foreign names trading in the ports of Holland and Belgian. There’s a Kuhl & Nagel on the approach to Dover Docks! The van to the left might be a Vanneste lorry, of Belgium.

Buzzer

309093304_3358986081050346_4359708713950968061_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Hi John,
Hope you and the Boss are keeping well, that second photo must be close to Wrighty’s patch I reckon ?

Kind Regards
Richard

MaggieD:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Hi John,
Hope you and the Boss are keeping well, that second photo must be close to Wrighty’s patch I reckon ?

Kind Regards
Richard

Hi Richard all good here thanks trust all is well with you also, yes think it is in Wrightys patch and he has been a bit quiet of late, apparently the truck struck a tractor on its way to market in Hawes but it is difficult to see it in the picture, cheers JD

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

I of Browns Scania’s,but how on earth did that happen?

Answers on a postcard please!

David