Old Truck Accident Pics

An upright version of Leckie’s, Buzzer

Froggy55:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Amazing that neither one the half windscreens were broked in the crash!

Like Irn-Bru our glass is made from “girders” :laughing: :laughing:

Must have been some job handballing the load on to the other wagon though.

Dont know where but someone will, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Dont know where but someone will, Buzzer

Buzzer,sure I read it was Boroughbridge,no more details mate.

It is indeed the old A1 through Boroughbridge. The old bridge collapsed, dropping one of Pickford’s Diamond T tractors and the load into the River Ure. All were recovered, repaired and returned to service, apparently.

^^^^

google.com/maps/@54.0987387 … 384!8i8192

Buzzer

300993739_5417267148350087_520410508165897787_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Buzzer

A few blokes standing around with their hands in their pockets . . nothings changed

Certainly the end of the journey for this 1955 registered Berliet TLR 8, somewhere on one of France’s “Nationales”.

Buzzer

dont know what quite happened with this one , bu i know dad wasn’t too chuffed with it , probably got too close to somebody going the other way.

Froggy55:
Certainly the end of the journey for this 1955 registered Berliet TLR 8, somewhere on one of France’s “Nationales”.

The tree always wins in an argument !

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

The NCB van was chuffed to bits…

The van bears a 1970 registration. Were steam locomotives still in regular operation at that date?

Froggy55:
The van bears a 1970 registration. Were steam locomotives still in regular operation at that date?

There were in regular use at collieries (coal mines)

grumpy old man:

Froggy55:

There were in regular use at collieries (coal mines)

As late as 1982/83 we were delivering coal to a British Rail yard in Gateshead for a steam shunter that was still in regular use.

About the same time we used to collect stone blocks from two quarries in Northumberland that still used steam driven derrick cranes.

Tyneside

Thanks!

Few F88/9’s

Buzzer