Old Truck Accident Pics

Accident 2-002.jpg

The driver was OK, & Is still about at the good old age of 83, Regards Larry.

VS02630-B.jpg
VS02630-F.jpg
VS02630-D.jpg
Stanley Wharves sheds load in Medway Street, Chatham in 1963

Accident 3-001.jpg

Junction of Popple Street and Hinde Street Sheffield
To see this exact location today click HERE

Go on then , He’s dipping his headlight’s !

jeffrey ellener:
Go on then , He’s dipping his headlight’s !

Looks like a prototype car wash!

I don’t normally snap accidents, but for some reason I did in the late autumn of 2001 when driving over the Amfissa mountain in Greece. Robert

Accident-001.jpg

Hey, here some from YU and other.

Cheers Eric,

tiptop495:

Cheers Eric,

The last pic looks like the lay by(spolling) going North out of Swindon nr Penhill.

Suedehead:

tiptop495:

Cheers Eric,

The last pic looks like the lay by(spolling) going North out of Swindon nr Penhill.

Hey Suede, You can have right,i haven’t taken them,and it looks more as a scrap yard as an accident■■?

Cheers Eric,

ramone:

ADR 1:

ramone:

ADR 1:

Somewhere in Liverpool I think??

Any info on this ADR1? bales are never easy to load but they looked to be solid

Hi ramone, no sorry no info at all - came across the photo, someone asked me what make the lorry was in the photo & I thought it would fit in this thread, thinking the load is bales of wool or raw cotton perhaps?? … oh, & I said the lorry is an AEC ■■

I agree with the AEC bit i`m not sure but they look like china bales as they were known around our way solid heavy smaller bales … but i could be wrong :wink:

Hi guy’s, I was driving in those days loading wool etc from the Bradford area, the AEC is a 1966 Mandator, and the load looks like cotton, the reason being we didn’t load wool like that load, and wool bales were smaller, also China bales were much smaller looked the same as these but solid like a brick and very heavy, usually you could get your weight on putting them on up to head-board height unlike normal wool bales which were heavy but bigger, also we had ratchets on the back and some on the sides to get the ropes tight, but to me the reason the load went was because it was loaded wrong, and also roped wrong, it should have had longbines from front to back and roped between every bale,I never saw any driver from our area load wool like that, the bottom tier was the same and we also loaded the second tier the same on top of that one, but the two top tiers were rolled across the cracks to tie them in taking it to 4 high, also the second tier was roped every bale to stop them spreading out, that’s not to say we never had loads off, because we did, usually on the way home from Liverpool to Bradford we had to go through Halifax and the bottom of Gibbet street & King’s Cross was on a slope which threw the lorry over and if got it wrong over you went, the police at that time had a saying for every bale you had off cost you £1, and we usualy had about 120/130 bales on a trailor, an 8 wheeler had 108 bales, and when you think our wages were about £17 a week so a £1 note was more than we could afford so the idea was to drive very slowly through Halifax because usually we were overloaded anyway. Some good photo’s though, some sad ones but nice to see many driver’s come out of some of the mess in a bad smash. Regards :-Jack

Roll Over-001.jpg

Toddy2:

hopey1945:
O Dear, the Police Escourt, took us on the wrong road !!! In Holland

Similar Incident - this one in the states

I bet that was one hell of an insurance bill, but if the police get it wrong do they get the bill instead of the transport company, I just hope no-one was injured. Jack. :confused:

v7victor:
Oops :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

One thing for sure, if you hit one of these bridges they wont move for you, and you always come off worst, when I worked for A1 Leeds we had one hit a bridge on the M6 many years ago, sadly the driver didn’t survive but the cab came off his F7 and what was left of the unit had to come back on a low-loader, it was impossible to tow it because it was such a mess, the M6 was closed off for about half the day so they could clear the glass bottles that filled the North bound side of the road. sad days. Jack :cry:

Hey, some more,

Cheers Eric,

When you discover you,ve gone to far past the turnoff be sure to U turn slowly !!!

backsplice:
When you discover you,ve gone to far past the turnoff be sure to U turn slowly !!!

That looks like a Saramat Volvo in Saudi. Robert

That was one of the “local” drivers … I was in my SARAMAT Volvo across the road …taking pic !!! and here,s one which caused a sandy detour

img118.jpg