Old Truck Accident Pics

Good Day All
I don’t know if this qualifies as old truck accident but it happened to me in 1986, the road/track wasn’t quite up to the weight and the 2nd trailer I was attached to went underground for a while.

Trucks.jpeg

moomooland:

Evil should have stuck to bikes

fair play dig , load well secured , nothing moved . must prove you are a lorry driver not a trucker ( steering wheel attendant ).

moomooland:

Nice longson c series in the background .

rigs by:
fair play dig , load well secured , nothing moved . must prove you are a lorry driver not a trucker ( steering wheel attendant ).

Kind words Rigsby Thank you and your right I don’t really qualify as an outbacker too slow lol

That’s not Harry Gill is it ?

moomooland:

robthedog:
That’s not Harry Gill is it ?

moomooland:

Nah, the lorry is too clean !

moomooland:

That looks like a ‘tin front’, but what? MM6, MM8 or a Mandator?

AEC Mercury.Good motors.

The one on the right recovering the load is AEC Mercury PJJ 632 fleet no. 1A658
The one on it’s side is an AEC Mandator VLH 988 fleet no. 671 both from Grays depot

A DAF 2800 tractor unit and and curtain-sider trailer operated by Harris Road Services of Manchester over turned while entering the northbound M6 at Junction 15 near Newcastle under Lyme in 1985.
The Mercedes tractor unit and curtain-sider trailer, also operated by Harris Road Services, was sent out to recover the load of canned food, some of which can be seen on pallets on the hard shoulder.
In those days you will notice how the Staffordshire Traffic Police kept the motorway open along with the on slip, unlike today with the shambolic Highways Agency closing motorways at the drop of a hat resulting in traffic chaos!
Have also posted this picture here on Flickr where you can also leave a comment should you so wish. :slight_smile:

moomooland:

The merc looks like a shiltons motor from swadlincote derbyshire,pulling a hepworth pipes trailer,another haulier long gone.

moomooland:
A DAF 2800 tractor unit and and curtain-sider trailer operated by Harris Road Services of Manchester over turned while entering the northbound M6 at Junction 15 near Newcastle under Lyme in 1985.
The Mercedes tractor unit and curtain-sider trailer, also operated by Harris Road Services, was sent out to recover the load of canned food, some of which can be seen on pallets on the hard shoulder.
In those days you will notice how the Staffordshire Traffic Police kept the motorway open along with the on slip, unlike today with the shambolic Highways Agency closing motorways at the drop of a hat resulting in traffic chaos!
Have also posted this picture here on Flickr where you can also leave a comment should you so wish. :slight_smile:

If that happened now, M6 would be shut northbound & all traffic off at 15 up the D rd to 16 qued back to Cannock. Southbound would be qued back to Knutsford with rubber neckers :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah, and if one of the Traffic Officers bent his fingernail whilst putting out 7,000 cones, then they would close it both ways for 7 hours whilst they landed the air ambulance !!

:open_mouth: download/file.php?id=108785&t=1
It looks as though it’s still locked on the pin.

moomooland:

The Atkinson wrecker (a former gritter) is tantalisingly out of shot, but what of the Scammell? Is it what it seems, or is it one of the HHT conversions? The yard in the background was still in Pandoro’s ownership in those days too

Hiya …the Scammell is a LAD cab one , the HH special used f88/89 sleeper cab. i dont think the atki is a gritter
they had a square shape on the roof above the windscreen with spot lights they faced down on a angle.
the yard across the road IS still Pandora in those days.the chap who designed that Junction must have been
the worlds biggest JERK if only he’d made the north bound slip 3/4 of a mile long would have helped.
lorries was coming down that hill at 70 mph and one of Basset,s would pull onto the slow lane doing 20 mph,
not as the Basset,s was slow, the bend was a night mare the slip was 50 yds long.Plus in those days the link up
to jct16 was’nt open so all the Uttoxeter and Derby traffic was getting on at 15.
John

3300John:
Hiya …the Scammell is a LAD cab one , the HH special used f88/89 sleeper cab. i dont think the atki is a gritter
they had a square shape on the roof above the windscreen with spot lights they faced down on a angle.
the yard across the road IS still Pandora in those days.the chap who designed that Junction must have been
the worlds biggest JERK if only he’d made the north bound slip 3/4 of a mile long would have helped.
lorries was coming down that hill at 70 mph and one of Basset,s would pull onto the slow lane doing 20 mph,
not as the Basset,s was slow, the bend was a night mare the slip was 50 yds long.Plus in those days the link up
to jct16 was’nt open so all the Uttoxeter and Derby traffic was getting on at 15.
John

I promise you John, it IS (was) a gritter! Complete with the roof bars, the top-mounted washer jets and the bottom-mounted wipers - the roof was the same as a normal Mk.1 cab where specified without a headboard.

Indeed, Heanor Haulage did use an F88 cab on a Scammell chassis, but was that the case for all of the ones that they built? Perhaps this is just a Scammell, in any case - I know very little about Scammells or HHTs :slight_smile:

I agree with you - what a dummy junction it is! Sadly, Pandoro is long-since gone, not only from Hanchurch Crossroads Garage, but from everywhere else :frowning: