Old TNT stuff

Hi,
Does anyone have any shots of older TNT trucks?
I started on the old Cargos, then my first truck was a Turbostar in the early 90s and Id love to see what pictures you have!
Thanks

How far back do you want to go, TNT Milton 021, early 90’s

250 ■■■■■■■

steelboyf10:

I drove that lorry when it was new, did TNT buy it when it was 3yrs old ex. rental ?

Trev_H:

steelboyf10:

I drove that lorry when it was new, did TNT buy it when it was 3yrs old ex. rental ?

Not quite, I bought it when I worked for TNT and restored it, was ex Richmond Motors

steelboyf10:

Trev_H:

steelboyf10:

Not quite, I bought it when I worked for TNT and restored it, was ex Richmond Motors

Yes that’s who owned it when we had it on long time hire on BRS, I only carried Jag/Rover/ Triumph car spares on a 40 footer (8t at the most !), it was a real flyer just carrying that weight but even then the brakes were a bit scary. I loved it and I have to say it was very comfortable.I later had a TL12 mk 2 but it wasn’t a patch on the ■■■■■■■ motor.

Trev_H:

steelboyf10:

Trev_H:

steelboyf10:

Yes that’s who owned it when we had it on long time hire on BRS, I only carried Jag/Rover/ Triumph car spares on a 40 footer (8t at the most !), it was a real flyer just carrying that weight but even then the brakes were a bit scary. I loved it and I have to say it was very comfortable.I later had a TL12 mk 2 but it wasn’t a patch on the ■■■■■■■ motor.

A
So featured in the TV series Boon, if you google images of the tv show you can see it, yep it was a real flyer when I owned it, cab was shot with rot!!! Bur a real flyer, never let me down

Thanks, that’s nice, if you look behind the Cargos are the same as I started driving on! Any shots of them or the Turbo Star tractors of the same era please!

richellis78:
Thanks, that’s nice, if you look behind the Cargos are the same as I started driving on! Any shots of them or the Turbo Star tractors of the same era please!

I used to work for TNT Transport Systems, Clayton Le Moors, Accrington, back in the early 90’s and here’s one of the iveco’s I had for a bit and on this occasion I delivered a trailer to the TNT depot at Horncastle.