Old selby hauliers on behalf of articmonkey

]http://i906.ph

[imgotobucket.com/albums/ac263/andrewrichardson/owx438h-1.jpg[/img]

Sorry. I got excited :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

andyrichardson:

Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be many pristine photos of any of Hewson Bros of Howden.

Quite disappointed with this thread, the pictures of Norman Lewis were poor, but.

BUT THEN, a real GEM appeared :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
My DAF 2500 that I drove for Mac.

Mac was M.R. Bulliment of Market Weighton and was a family friend long before I could drive a lorry.

This skelly was eventually swapped for a proper bulker, it was a 40’ Metalair pressure tank with the number FBB1. The FBB meant it was a rather large capacity tanker :laughing:

Unfortunately I lost this truck after a year and was given a Scania :blush:

Looks like a Middlebrook Mushroom Scania 6-legger in one of the photos.Wincanton had the contract in the 90s and we inherited this for shunting,complete with “dockspotter” in 1994 at Maltby.

Superb, those pictures of Hewson Brothers.Thankyou. The repainted/ reliveried F88…just what I have been looking for and all on the road overseas. Are the pictures from the drivers ? Wheelnut knows, but looking all the time for this companies trucks captured in photos.Thanks again !! :slight_smile:

Nice also to see the old Fleetbush DAF’s - looks like they are hitched up to old Hewson Brothers fridges…

Ringrose:
Superb, those pictures of Hewson Brothers.Thankyou. The repainted/ reliveried F88…just what I have been looking for and all on the road overseas. Are the pictures from the drivers ? Wheelnut knows, but looking all the time for this companies trucks captured in photos.Thanks again !! :slight_smile:

Nice also to see the old Fleetbush DAF’s - looks like they are hitched up to old Hewson Brothers fridges…

they may be hewsons old trailers mate brian worked for them before starting on his own, and hes got a stack of pictures of his old dafs lined up in the old danish bacon yard at selby all with fridges on and some of the scanias he got new aswell. the office wall in selby was covered in them, i got the hewsons pics off a mate

Many thanks, did not know it was an ex Hewson driver that set up Fleetbush.Remember one of their DAF’s used to park up in the Thorpe Road yard, when it was left empty after their purchase by Ellerpack and move over to Thurnscoe.
Also seem to remember they used to park in Goole too, market place etc.
Are Fleetbush still trading ?

Ringrose:
Many thanks, did not know it was an ex Hewson driver that set up Fleetbush.Remember one of their DAF’s used to park up in the Thorpe Road yard, when it was left empty after their purchase by Ellerpack and move over to Thurnscoe.

His name is Bri Nalton and he lives in Edwards the Decorators old house near the roundabout. I believe he had a bit of a running with VOSA last year but I haven’t been past since May to see if the trucks are still around.

The old Hewson Bros yard is a hive of activity again with a family owned firm operating lorries from there, one day he might post some pictures for us all to enjoy :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

Ringrose:

His name is Bri Nalton and he lives in Edwards the Decorators old house near the roundabout. I believe he had a bit of a running with VOSA last year but I haven’t been past since May to see if the trucks are still around.

The old Hewson Bros yard is a hive of activity again with a family owned firm operating lorries from there, one day he might post some pictures for us all to enjoy :laughing: :laughing:

hes still on the go just running 3 now

I wonder if some one in your area remembers .a small haulage firm from howden they used to work out of hull fruit market.and do produce deliveries .they run white and blue trucks i think they were volvo f10/12s and daf 2800s,i had a night out back in 1987 i was parked up. and the owner of this company came by and invited back to his house where his wife made me sandwiches.a nice guy he was about 50 yrs old at that time anybody remember the company ? :confused:

TREV:
I wonder if some one in your area remembers .a small haulage firm from howden they used to work out of hull fruit market.and do produce deliveries .they run white and blue trucks i think they were volvo f10/12s and daf 2800s,i had a night out back in 1987 i was parked up. and the owner of this company came by and invited back to his house where his wife made me sandwiches.a nice guy he was about 50 yrs old at that time anybody remember the company ? :confused:

Would that be Don Eyre = FD Eyre lived in the house next to Mayphil Cafe near Boothferry Bridge.

I think he had trucks on for Lion and Parkland in the later years

many thanks wheel nut .that name rings a bell ,he was a proper gentleman. we talked for hours that nite .i was loading lead ingots out of howden the next morning .how many people would do that now :question:

An Arthur Ingram photo of one of R Watson’s,Selby,Leyland Comets.Taken on Vauxhall Road Liverpool.Wonder how long he’d been waiting to get tipped if he’d been on the docks? :laughing:

Hi does anybody have a photo of Robbie Watsons F6 4wheeler? My father inlaw drove it but we dont have any photos

htsyork:
Hi does anybody have a photo of Robbie Watsons F6 4wheeler? My father inlaw drove it but we dont have any photos

i have one here, its not a very good picture mate and its a little blurred but ill get it on for you. i remember walter nice fella.

ive put that f6 on jud but its mixed in with all the others

artic monkey:

htsyork:

i have one here, its not a very good picture mate and its a little blurred but ill get it on for you. i remember walter nice fella.

Thanks lads & your right Walt was one if the best!

Chris Webb:
An Arthur Ingram photo of one of R Watson’s,Selby,Leyland Comets.Taken on Vauxhall Road Liverpool.Wonder how long he’d been waiting to get tipped if he’d been on the docks? :laughing: if it was robby he wouid of been in the pub

Chris Webb:
An Arthur Ingram photo of one of R Watson’s,Selby,Leyland Comets.Taken on Vauxhall Road Liverpool.Wonder how long he’d been waiting to get tipped if he’d been on the docks? :laughing:

I waited 4 days in those docks years ago.

Hi,Does anyone remember E Mitchell & Co from Gowdal.A 70s firm ran out of Linpac at Rawcliffe.Used to go with my old man ,I think they did some work off Goole Docks aswell.