Old Picture - but where? Wolfie knows!

This was taken 44 years ago when the road was a major “A” road, it’s now a “B” road but still very busy… But where is it?

This ones bugging me, its got West Yorkshire written all over it. Hmmm

Here all weekend and not one guess? :open_mouth:

I would guess that Wolfie has been on this road between two cities :unamused:

Lonewolf Yorks:
This ones bugging me, its got West Yorkshire written all over it. Hmmm

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ah yes of course, a lot more built up now but its the B6157 between Leeds and Bradford a hundred yards east of the junction with Rodley Lane looking north. Looks like the pic was taken from the houses on the south side as they slope up from the road.

Lonewolf Yorks:
Ah yes of course, a lot more built up now but its the B6157 between Leeds and Bradford a hundred yards east of the junction with Rodley Lane looking north. Looks like the pic was taken from the houses on the south side as they slope up from the road.

:laughing: Took your time :laughing:

Spot on! If you look closely you can see the Rock Lane road sign on the lane that joins opposite, the church in the distance is in Horsforth. Down below in the valley is the Leeds & Liverpool canal at Newlay, and also the River Aire. Oh yes, the road is called Leeds and Bradford Road, hence the clue “between two cities”, and I lived at 499, the house painted white if you look on Google Earth. pic was taken from the bedroom :laughing: