Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

Lawrence Dunbar:
Great stuff Colin, Keep them rolling , Larry.

Tried to send this by PM but couldn’t. Cheers Ray.

More oldies!!

7DB8AE62-A2B1-4770-8A5F-D1F3DA619D95.jpeg

A025A3EF-E89F-49A1-B292-9A670D64DD8C.jpeg

Ray Brown:
More oldies!!

The left-■■■■■■ Foden Fleetmaster is intriguing. Was it on cross-Channel bulker work, I wonder?

5CB62749-01EC-428F-B39B-6AB5818A4A3D.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

Ray Brown:
More oldies!!

The left-■■■■■■ Foden Fleetmaster is intriguing. Was it on cross-Channel bulker work, I wonder?

James’s had 2 left hookers they were a cancelled order and to my knowledge never crossed the water .

daveymk:

ERF-NGC-European:

Ray Brown:
More oldies!!

James’s had 2 left hookers they were a cancelled order and to my knowledge never crossed the water .

Thanks for that. I know Dow Freight had I think 3 of them, also a cancelled order, but they did go abroad.

ERF-NGC-European:

daveymk:

ERF-NGC-European:

Ray Brown:
More oldies!!

Thanks for that. I know Dow Freight had I think 3 of them, also a cancelled order, but they did go abroad.

Back in the day T James were Foden Service Agents so possibly got them through connections with the factory.

Tyneside

Lawrence Dunbar:
Great stuff Colin, Keep them rolling , Larry.

Hi Larry : hope you are keeping well,I was just reading your posts from years back regarding Dougie Marshall of Prudhoe, as you said he was. great bloke, I first knew him in 1972 when I was working at Milfield Quarry for a short while and he come in for back loads of sand to Newcastle. When I went to Morton’s in late seventies if I left wagon at Dalkeith Transports yard at night I used to give him a ring at night and he would have a wagon waiting to give me a lift from Wooler at 6.00am to get up to The Fordel for 07.30 the following morning, happy days.

Ray Brown:
Didn’t see many of these in the 60’s.

Ex Taits of Haydon Bridge motor (NMP)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinF88:

Ray Brown:

KevinF88:

KevinF88:

Ray Brown:

This is it after one of its restorations; and If I remember rightly it appeared at Gaydon last year in RJ Jeffrey’s livery.

KevinF88:

KevinF88:

KevinF88:

Ray Brown:

This is it after one of its restorations; and If I remember rightly it appeared at Gaydon last year in RJ Jeffrey’s livery.

Nice restoration, it’s amazing what they can do!!

A few more old local hauliers!!

0D8A764F-C58E-4315-B675-6449F944D6C8.jpeg

34AD6BB3-E38D-414F-B0C0-C49070A77B0E.jpeg

B89EC43F-4530-48D0-ABE7-44E9C77E7962.jpeg

Have you got any photo’s of Alfie Ellis motors Ray, my first job after leaving school but pics of his fleet are like Hen’s teeth! Cheers Franky.

Geordielad:
Have you got any photo’s of Alfie Ellis motors Ray, my first job after leaving school but pics of his fleet are like Hen’s teeth! Cheers Franky.[/quote There is one or two photos of Alfies motors on this thread, IIRC They were taken at his Benton Depot, Larry.

Geordielad:
Have you got any photo’s of Alfie Ellis motors Ray, my first job after leaving school but pics of his fleet are like Hen’s teeth! Cheers Franky.

Hi Franky, Lawrence is right there’s a few photos of Ellis somewhere on this site. I seem to recall Ellis starting up again with red motors in the Hexham area. If I come across any I’ll post them. Cheers Ray.

alfie ellis started Norwood haulage then sold it to JEFFERY COOK who stared Elddis transport

Hi Franky, Lawrence is right there’s a few photos of Ellis somewhere on this site. I seem to recall Ellis starting up again with red motors in the Hexham area. If I come across any I’ll post them. Cheers Ray.
Thanks lads, I did find one photo of an Ergo Mandator a little while ago but that was all. Unfortunately some of the early photo’s put on with Photobucket have gone. Interesting that Jim I hadn’t known Ellis had started up again even for a short period, presume the motors were F88’s he had which helped kick off Elddis. This is the only pic I came across, I remember the unit too. Franky.

IIRC, Elldis started up in 1971 when Siddle C Cook packed in after their drivers strike, Larry.