Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

Ray Brown:
Well worked motor.

Have to say Ray the Skoda is pretty ugly imo.

blackbox:
Hi this is a long shot, just had a granddaughter of an old driver who drove for Davidson @ Adamson ask if John Adamson is still about. Any old drivers would remember JP from Haltwhistle John Parker RIP, she would like to meet John and ask about her grandad cheers Bob

hi Bob i worked with JP when i was at Davison Adamsons, the last i heard was that John Adamson was alive & living somewhere in Whickham but that was a few years ago, i got the info from John Graham aca The Heed who was on this forum, but haven’t heard from him for a while also.

Kempston:

Ray Brown:
Well worked motor.

Have to say Ray the Skoda is pretty ugly imo.

I assume that it has MAN running gear?

tyneside:
Photo taken in Washington in the sixties, presumably outside the drivers house. Can anyone identify the company name on the door, think it ends in DY and from Houghton le Spring. Tyneside

that was my stepdads truck Matty Dorman, he took the picture outside our house on the Coach Road Estate, that’s me behind the wheel aged 9 & my mat Chris Robinson standing on the mudguard, also that’s his dad coming into the street with the mini, he worked for Juke Box Hire Service, taken in 1965.

Some more oldies!!

24627156-14CB-41F1-9270-779FD5C2C1DF.jpeg

A few more good lookers!!

IMG_3648.JPG

Murray Hogg Ltd 015.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG