Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

Lawrence Dunbar:
N M P. Regards Larry.0

Any idea where this photo was taken as there seems to be quite a few in this location.

Kempston:

Lawrence Dunbar:
N M P. Regards Larry.0

Any idea where this photo was taken as there seems to be quite a few in this location.

Hi Kempston photo is one of Paul Gee’s and he did take a lot on the A40 around Ross on Wye / Monmouth.

jshepguis:

Kempston:

Lawrence Dunbar:
N M P. Regards Larry.0

Hi Kempston photo is one of Paul Gee’s and he did take a lot on the A40 around Ross on Wye / Monmouth.

Thanks for that :smiley:

tyneside:

harry_gill:
Hiya,
Red & Whites tabs very appropriate for Sunderland.

Good connection Harry, I should have noticed that living about 5 miles from the Stadium of light. Got to admit I hadn’t heard of the brand.
Tyneside

Hiya,
Aye’ Tyneside noticed it straightaway but up to that point had
never seen them on sale or advertised before.

Haswell cattle truck.jpg

paulycats:

You are correct its a 1946 Kew Dodge, Regards Larry.

Commer Unipower. One of E&N Ritchie’s preserved vehicles.

Owned by Smiles for Miles, Regards Larry.

Snowdons Seaham fire138.jpg

Tilcon S 80 Foden.jpg

This is Ex Tilcon Artic, Regards Larry.

This was a Ex Tilcon motor it was a tanker then convereted into a tipper,Regards Larry.

Wgate bus crash 1957.jpg

The 2 vehicles in question are (i think, but not sure?) A Leyland Tiger bus (1940s?) and the “wrecker” as the yanks called them is maybe an ex American Army Diamond “T”? What do you think Larry? I’ts in Wingate by the way.

paulycats:

The 2 vehicles in question are (i think, but not sure?) A Leyland Tiger bus (1940s?) and the “wrecker” as the yanks called them is maybe an ex American Army Diamond “T”? What do you think Larry? I’ts in Wingate by the way.

DT Sounds good to me “paulycats” Take care & Stay Safe, Regards Larry.