Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

keith8357:
sorry to report maurice jarvis cb handle super sausage who used to organise the geordie truckers show at witton castle in years gone by passed away last friday,i am sure some of you on here would have known him r.i.p.maurice really nice bloke

Keith, I heard today the funeral for Maurice will be Mountsett Crematorium Dipton, 1015hrs
Wednesday August 2nd. Regards Kev.

paulycats:

Hi Servo,This appears to be the same stuff being shipped in at Seaham (as above). I think it’s ammonium sulphate (fertiliser). I think Seaham has a bagging plant for this stuff (hope to get some photo’s) Any idea who own’s Tweedmouth docks? Great photo’s mate.
Paulycats.

That,s the same stuff i asked Dave Lowdon when he was getting loaded, will find out who own,s Tweedmouth Dock,s. Regard,s Gordon

servo88:

paulycats:

Hi Servo,This appears to be the same stuff being shipped in at Seaham (as above). I think it’s ammonium sulphate (fertiliser). I think Seaham has a bagging plant for this stuff (hope to get some photo’s) Any idea who own’s Tweedmouth docks? Great photo’s mate.
Paulycats.

That,s the same stuff i asked Dave Lowdon when he was getting loaded, will find out who own,s Tweedmouth Dock,s. Regard,s Gordon

IIRC, The stuff from Seaham also goes to Egger Uk, at Hexham. Regards Larry.

paulycats:
Any idea who own’s Tweedmouth docks?

Berwick Harbour Commissioners.

Lot more information about the docks on their web-site at http://portofberwick.co.uk/

Postal:

paulycats:
Any idea who own’s Tweedmouth docks?

Berwick Harbour Commissioners.

Lot more information about the docks on their web-site at http://portofberwick.co.uk/

Many thanks for that.Check out the “shipping movements”,it’s brill.You can move your cursor over any ship on the chart and it gives you name of ship and destination.The English Channel looks like an extension of the M25!

paulycats:
Check out the “shipping movements”,it’s brill.

We live in Craster and I’ve got it set up on my own web-site so I can look out of the window then check what is going past!

Foden Kingsley 004.JPG

Foden Kingsley 003.JPG

Hudson 013.JPG

Good photos of the cab interior servo, is the light blue paint to match the drivers face ,hands and feet in winter ? makes me feel cold just looking at the photos. The S21 Foden I operated was so cold there was more ice on the inside of the cab that outside and like a greenhouse in summer. A good old motor despite the climate control settings. ( a bag on the radiator grill)
Cheers, Leyland 600

Well my S21 Mickey Mouse Foden 8 wheeler tipper was a very nice bit of gear to drive, It had a good heater that worked to perfection,Mind you going up Sutrer on the A 68 , Running Lime up to Scotland, Was the easy bit comming back MT Was a bit differant as far as heat was concerened, Even with a News of the World paper on the radiater It was still a bit chilly around the old willy, :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: , Regards Larry.

Does anyone remember John Rooney? He used to go up and down to London with a Calor gas bottle and open burner in the passenger footwell when it was a bit chilly.

Postal:
Does anyone remember John Rooney? He used to go up and down to London with a Calor gas bottle and open burner in the passenger footwell when it was a bit chilly.

Hi “Postal” Who did he work for & What Era are you refering too :question: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Hi “Postal” Who did he work for & What Era are you refering too :question: , Regards Larry.

He was an owner-driver who belonged to Byker or that area. We’re talking about 1970’s.