Old Newbie CPC advice

Hi Everyone

I am considering changing careers at the ripe old age of 58, and as I have been driving since 1978 I think if I do the CPC course I can drive a truck up to 7.5 tonnes. Thought I’d get the course behind me and then sign up to a local agency to gain experience before thinking about going for the Class 2 licence.

If this makes sense, can anyone recommend a local training provider? I’m in Bournemouth.

Thanks in advance.

David

Hi

What you suggest makes sense. For your cpc search jaupt.org.uk/centre-search

For your practical training look around carefully at trainers. Visit, have trial drives, have a good poke around and make sure you know what you’re spending your hard-earned on.

Or come to me on a residential course - the same as many others on the forum. btw, Bournemouth is local compared to some.

Any questions, fire away, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Started my CPC today, painful stuff and I can now understand why people moan about it. Instructor was good and it was well presented but it was just a room full of blokes that didn’t want to be there and the atmosphere matched.

Yep, the standard CPC course modules are painful to sit through from my limited experience.
1 session! :open_mouth: As I couldn’t do another it was so boring, and all the info covered was on the web anyway…
Plus it felt like a complete waste of money as you’re not gaining anything whilst your doing them. :neutral_face:
Plus as an older ■■■■ (Pre 1997 B licence holder) I’d got options!
So I did an ADR to get the rest of the credits, maybe not for everyone, but I live next to a refinery…

Here’s the ADR blog of the course: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=128053
(Yes I keep posting this Blog :stuck_out_tongue: but Newbies come and go…)