old newbe

Is there anyone who has comments or advice for a person of late fifties begining a new career as a driver?
I have passed my theory and awaiting my training on the 15-11-10.
Thanking you in advance.

yat1950:
Is there anyone who has comments or advice for a person of late fifties begining a new career as a driver?
I have passed my theory and awaiting my training on the 15-11-10.
Thanking you in advance.

Go for it, if thats what floats your boat. Thats exactly what I did. I took my class2 when I was 51 then my class1 a few months later when I’d turned 52. Ive never regretted it. I started off doing agency work on a part-time basis, in and around my full-time job, then some 30 months later found the job I’m doing now.
Be prepared to make mistakes and be willing to learn from them. Keep firmly in mind that the daftest question is the one you don’t ask. Post them on here, I don’t think anyone would set you wrong. Do your training, enjoy it. Remember, when that shiny new licence is in your hand, thats when you’ll start learning to drive a truck as opposed to learning to pass a test( a few subtle differences :grimacing: )
Above all, keep safe, and keep us all posted. Good luck.

Thank you for those words it is encouraging to know people will support you.

i passed my class 2 5 months ago and i am 55 . i got a job staight away and love every minute of it . my only wish is that i had done it 30 years ago .

Similar story - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62631 .

The old Nike slogan was “Just Do It”, I’d add “and enjoy it”.