Old Merc lovers only

This was my truck about 25…ish…years ago. It was built to last, never broke down…very comfortable…and with a very distinctive “Merc rattle” to the exhaust note.
Trouble is it wouldn’t pull the milkman off your mam!

WE had one just like it, rubbish puller
however, this truck earnt the most money
inthe firm and was 100% relieable,
not one breakdown (ALSO) in its 1Million kilometers,

whats that a 2033? or a 2025/28? the 33 twin turbo’s pulled reasonable.

Borderer:

Its a 2028…I would have killed for 2033…the difference was night and day.

At the time I had the 1626,they were known as the “German Atki” or “Hitlers revenge”!

Trubrit:

Borderer:

Its a 2028…I would have killed for 2033…the difference was night and day.

Thats true the 33 was a differnt animal, i had the 1628 not a great puller on a bank but a bomb proof motor!

This was a flying machine from Neuss

An EPS with one of the neatest liveries around

Hi Trubrit, That Pulleyn’s takes me back awhile. :exclamation:
They always had top-spec kit and very clean and tidy too.

I also remember the “Hitler’s Revenge” 1625, 1626 and 1628. :wink:

This one was taken in the last services before crossing into East Germany at
Rudolphstein / Hirschberg complete with a Russian SK owned by Sovtransavto
(AKA Gorbachev Trucking :laughing: ) parked next to me.
“X” reg 1628

This one was taken in Austria on the Brennerautobahn (Northbound.)

Drove 1617 / 1628 / 1632 and this one left hook twin steer originally from our French office - had the treaded exhaust rattle

Also this one on P&O trailers

This is our shunter,which these days just goes from our yard to the juice factory next door,it’s an 1839.

Not being argumentative, but, are you sure its not a 1838 with the 12 litre V8■■
:wink:

There is/was an old Merc like the one in the top photo still running round Manchester, which I last saw about six months ago. It was on a ‘T’-plate, which would make it 78/79 (I think!), painted mint green and pulling a container whenever I saw it. A 1628, I think. Looked very well for its age as well.

A mate of mine has just sent me this,taken in Iran I think.

And he sent me this as well for good measure. :laughing:

Nice pics Chris…a camel loader, seen it all now :laughing:

I know of lots of sk’s or powerliners as we call em still goin 5 days a week. The original eps was a bit of a pain but merc know how to make a good solid truck.
The axor always seemed a more realistic replacement than the actros although both are able for 2 million clicks on irsh work which is sayin something.
Great pics keep em comin. :smiley:

Isn’t the title of this post a bit like advertising for paedophiles :stuck_out_tongue:

I hated the Mercs with a passion. A bloke near me ran a few 1632 but the normal fleets were using 1626

Olog Hai:
There is/was an old Merc like the one in the top photo still running round Manchester, which I last saw about six months ago. It was on a ‘T’-plate, which would make it 78/79 (I think!), painted mint green and pulling a container whenever I saw it. A 1628, I think. Looked very well for its age as well.

i wouldnt be surprised, they are bomb proof, ive know 700,000 on the origional clutch and brake linings, the engine could have the arse-end caned out of it. youd get one or two jibes from the lads with scanny’s volvo ect, but laughter soon abated when their repair bills came in and the old 28 turned in mile after mile, no bother, all profit! :wink:

A mate of mine always swore that the MB 1632 / 26 was bombproof too. He reckoned that as long as they had water and oil they would run for ever.

I would love to own this little beaut… :sunglasses:

Where there any Brit heavy haul companies running these…I know jj I should have asked you first :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi Guys
Heres a Merc from Jordan, these things just keep on going.
I have been off the Middle-East Job for 13 years
and this pic was taken by someone that I know just a few weeks ago,
and these trucks are still going strong.