Old magazines

Do old truck magazines have any value as a job lot?

My dad has hundreds he wants to get rid off there are three different types Truck , Truck and driver and another make need to look as im going from memory. They date from 70’s not sure when they stop.

I was thinking about sticking them on ebay but browsing the site cant find any job lots even in completed listings.

Just wondering rough ideas price wise were to sell them etc. He has loads of bus ones too to shift :open_mouth:

Sad to say very little value. If you look on eBay there’s tons of stuff from about £1 a magazine. Unless its a special edition or has some genuine historical interest it’s hardly with the hassle if selling them. The problem with large collections is the p&p and the space needed to store them, the market is almost non existent.

With Commercial Motor putting their entire back catalogue in a digital archive it can only drive down any value they might have had.

ive sold old mags per banana box £10 , collection only. sold approx 6 boxes in the past year or so

I ‘bought’ the complete set of Truck magazine - which ended up being from Edition 1 to something around 2001.

I paid £60, but they were effectively worthless. I bound them in yearly folders and they sat on a shelf annoying the wife for 6-7 years. They ended up on the tip because, frankly, I valued my sanity more than a collection of old magazines.

If anyone is interested in a number of bound Classic & Vintage Commercials magazines, please shout up; but you’ll have to collect them.

If you are unable to sell them I am sure someone such as the Commercial Vehicle Museum @ Leyland may take them off your hands,they sell lots of old mags @ 50p each or 3 for a pound,worth a call if you want rid of them.

Well speaking of old magazines my fave was the old Headlight I still have about 20 old ones dating back to 1959, & Im sure I have the last Edition that was printed before their demise, PS, They are not for sale, Regards Larry.

danny_mk2:

My dad has hundreds he wants to get rid off there are three different types Truck , Truck and driver and another make need to look as im going from memory. They date from 70’s not sure when they stop.

I was thinking about sticking them on ebay but browsing the site cant find any job lots even in completed listings.

Just wondering rough ideas price wise were to sell them etc. He has loads of bus ones too to shift :open_mouth:

How much?

danny_mk2:

I want Truck Magazine from the first issue to mid 1977. I have he rest. PM me with a price.

give this a ring they will take them & it’s not too far from you,they may even pic them up,Trucknet member Turps (Duncan) will tell u better regards alan (then I can buy them 3 for a quid)