Old livestock hauliers shropshire

sorry about first effort problem with photobucket again

hi chepstow chap great photo of nelson’s sedatk on beeston wash.

Hello Watty to be honest i can not remember as that shot was taken around 1980 . I was only a kid at the time , but it was definately Beeston.

Hi boys
has anyone any photos of Reg coopers lad Andrew with his erf and drag, and any more of Devenports
chapstowchap, you said you were only a kid, did you go with your dad if so who was he, do I know you or him. :smiley: :smiley:

Regards Keith

dessert driver:
Hi boys
has anyone any photos of Reg coopers lad Andrew with his erf and drag, and any more of Devenports
chapstowchap, you said you were only a kid, did you go with your dad if so who was he, do I know you or him. :smiley: :smiley:

Regards Keith

Hello dessert driver I had visited Beeston with relations but it was only myself who was a lorry fanatic
Sorry i have no more shots of devenports i have to say the F88 i put on this thread earlier inthe year i did not realise it belonged to them .Thanks to you for pointing that out

Hello keith, Re Chepstow chap, in the eighties he used to visit our yard and take photos and he gave me some great photos of my old fodens & ERf,s when we were on the bricks, He was a genios with a camera. Tim i hope your reading this as i am very gratefull as i never used cameras them days.
Nev

the picture taken in mid 90s at banbury withthe william rowe wagon also shows two wagons, the volvo four wheeler and the leyland with the milmoor double decker from the company i first drove for in 84 they were called grooms transport then, from cheddington in bucks they went bust and started up again as easycroft and have since gone by the wayside,best days of my life young,single not a care. its great to see the old cattle hauliers i know its out of the district but do’es any body remember tony randall [a.m.randall and son] from around northampton did alot of sheep for bill griffiths from northampton,had a bunch of f88s artic 3 deckers and i remember at least 1 wagon and drag 3 decker, what a lovely piece of kit had to be careful as it was prone to being overweight when fully loaded thanks john

143topline:
yates used to do some slaughtering for me . they had a commer early 60s, and more recently a volvo f7 on livestock

curnock:
my dad drove for w g yates of newtown bloxwich about 74-75 they had a six wheeler aec marshall,he done the markets at hereford gloucester market drayton and newport shrops just to name a few,would be very grateful of any pictures.shaun

topline.the f7 was after the aec,but my father had left before the f7,it was’nt his cup of tea running round the fields tryin to round the sheep up (after yates’s dog had managed to scatter them everywhere).i can remember him now screaming blue murder at the dog cause it was chaseing the sheep off.i can laugh about it now but i dar’nt have laughed at the time he’d have walloped me !!!. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Banbury 1992 or 1993 again

Hi boys

chepstowchap:

I have given what I am about to post a lot of thought today but I think Jack Devenport RIP wouldn’t mind as he looks down from that cattle box in the sky.
Those of you who are not familiar with the wash at Beeston will see from chepstowchaps photo that it is on a steep slope.While this was good for washing out it was a pain if you droped your drag, as the drawbar was at a steep angle when you tryed to couple up. I often droped the drag on then put the truck on,I know taking up too wash bays :smiley: Jack would wash one and I would wash the other. Then came the problem of re-coupling. With Jack watching the bar after a few bangs Jack would wind on the handbrake on the trailer then drop on the red air line. This would loose the spring brakes off allowing the dolly to move usually enough to let the pin drop, Happy Days.
Well one Friday I had been down at the barons drumming up trade and was just strolling back up to the wash. I was just in time to see Jack giving someone the benefit of his experience.I cannot remember if it was Paul Nelson or Andrew Cooper but they were having the usual coupling problem. Just as I walked around the corner Jack dropped on the red line. Well you guest it he had forgotten to apply the hand brake. The trailer shot back into the wall.Lucky there was no one behind at the time.No damage apart from a 15ft long red suze and Jacks pride. His face was as red as the too piece red overalls he used to wear. It’s a pitty you hadn’t been there Tim, would have made a good photo,

Regards Keith

tvdriver:
the picture taken in mid 90s at banbury withthe william rowe wagon also shows two wagons, the volvo four wheeler and the leyland with the milmoor double decker from the company i first drove for in 84 they were called grooms transport then, from cheddington in bucks they went bust and started up again as easycroft and have since gone by the wayside,best days of my life young,single not a care. its great to see the old cattle hauliers i know its out of the district but do’es any body remember tony randall [a.m.randall and son] from around northampton did alot of sheep for bill griffiths from northampton,had a bunch of f88s artic 3 deckers and i remember at least 1 wagon and drag 3 decker, what a lovely piece of kit had to be careful as it was prone to being overweight when fully loaded thanks john

watch this space , i have a randall F12 artic somewhere in the collection

Gardner 120:
Banbury 1992 or 1993 again

a nice line up here. a pair of j t padburys, a wm rowe erf, hopper scania. the question is whose was the 111 wagon and drag, took it myself at banbury but did not know the operator

Great picture Gardner120. Do you have any more of JT Padburys trucks that you could post?
Thanks

tvdriver:

Hi,

My father in law David Knight used to drive for Grooms, got any pictures of their trucks?

Thanks
Michael

GrooveRider2006, all I’ve got left is these 3 photos I’m afraid. I wish I’d taken more and got closer but hey ho! These are from when I worked at Jaguarsport on the XJ220 so 1992/93. One lunchbreak at Banbury market, a trip down memory lane. Has it closed now?

NICE PICS GARDNER 120. FROM RIGHT TO LEFT ON CENTRE PHOTO- DAF 95 OF WHALLEYS FROM YORKSHIRE, A MIDLAND MEAT PACKERS ERF AND VOLVO F12 OF A RANDALL FROM NORTHAMPTON. NO CATTLE MARKET IN BANBURY NOW

chepstowchap:

HI all,good to see that truck again! Can anyone confirm that Nelsons had that from new,or maybe it was ex Heatons or Suttons of St.Helens. Regards kk

143topline i am pretty sure that the 111 at the far end of the sheep ramps belonged to a sheep dealer jeff curtis from ashendon nr aylesbury one of
his sons les used to drive it he also at time had a sed ak 4oo wagon and drag, the 111 also pulled a drag. mikeyb i do know your father ln law in fact i broke my arm one time and grooms stuck a hgv l plate on the wagon and sent us off down the road what fun, i also worked with his brother gordon who unfortunately died very young he was a really good guy, and his dad peter used to drive for peter bateman from tring,

kingswinford kit:

chepstowchap:

HI all,good to see that truck again! Can anyone confirm that Nelsons had that from new,or maybe it was ex Heatons or Suttons of St.Helens. Regards kk

hi kingwinswinford kit

n
No nelson’s did’nt have it new, as i remember they had it in the early 80’s ( i would say 82 or 3 but could’nt b sure about that).

watty1:

kingswinford kit:

chepstowchap:

hi kingwinswinford kit

n
No nelson’s did’nt have it new, as i remember they had it in the early 80’s ( i would say 82 or 3 but could’nt b sure about that).

Hi Watty,thanks for your reply,but that Sedatk was quite an unusual configuration i wonder watt happened to it ? regards to you watty kk