Old livestock hauliers shropshire

back to the forum after a couple of weeks in holland
here is a photo of an albion reiver operated by jukes from leintwardine, pity it did not have a three deck box. i think the box was originally on a tk bedford and was extende

another firm that used to do our livestock transport was baches from alveley near bridgnorth. they are still going strong on the livestock and bulk work. think i took this at banbury mart

bubbleman:
Hi,looking for stuff for the scrapbook I found this…I think it belongs on this thread. :laughing:

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

i can remember john parry at shrewsbury market when i used to go with my father

143topline:

bubbleman:
Hi,looking for stuff for the scrapbook I found this…I think it belongs on this thread. :laughing:

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

i can remember john parry at shrewsbury market when i used to go with my father

And here’s Dave Parry…

jukes aec marshal at woodside lairage birkenhead, les morgan at the rear

Still some lovely pictures coming through & thanks to those who post them. I was on a site recently where Chippenham Cattle market used to stand. It brought back a lot of memories. If only more of us had thought of taking the cameras back in them days.

BB

Hello John,

Good to see you back ‘in the saddle’, hope you had a good holiday. The photos are as good as ever!

143topline:

another firm that used to do our livestock transport was baches from alveley near bridgnorth. they are still going strong on the livestock and bulk work. think i took this at banbury mart

I particularly like this Bison of R.E. Bache & Jukes Ergo Marshal, my father ran tipper versions of both of these - takes me back to some happy days!

Incidentally Baches have relocated from Alveley to a farm site just off the A458, a couple of miles out of Bridgnorth, & just down the road from my better half’s parents - it really is a small world some times!

Still hoping to see that Scania you mentioned… All the best!

Andrew Stone

Q Alik Archer at his depot around 1982 approx

chepstowchap:
Q Alik Archer at his depot around 1982 approx

Cracking pic of that F86 of Alick Archer’s chepstowchap,look forward to seeing some more.
Cheers Dave.

Hi Chepstow Chap,what abrilliant shot.Any drivers on this thread used to visit Baxters of Northampton?Also an abbottoir at Crick near Daventry?
I think I can remember thisF86 delivering stock to Devis’s in Great Bridge.

Lovely picture of the F86, the Plant mentioned at Crick, would that have been Midland Meat Packers? That was a big firm, they must have had one of the highest throughputs of cattle in the country. More pictures please.

BB

Hi boys
I went for a family walk along the Whixall canal Sunday night past Bill (RIP) and Les Dulsons place and took a few picks of there old trucks.

Behind that gantry is another three trucks.

Regards Keith.

dessert driver:
Hi boys
I went for a family walk along the Whixall canal Sunday night past Bill (RIP) and Les Dulsons place and took a few picks of there old trucks.

Behind that gantry is another three trucks.

Regards Keith.

Great pics Keith,a lot of history in a yard like that.
Cheers Dave.

Hi boys

Dave the Renegade:

dessert driver:
Hi boys

Cheers Dave.

Shaw is Dave.I first remember them working out of Irish Sea Ferries Garston, very early seventies They used to take the box off a six wheeler Leyland when the cattle job was quiet and move Lancashire flats. One day on the way back from Manchester we came behind them,Les driving Bill shot gun. When we got to Middlewich they turned for Nantwich and the low bridge under the canel. Thinking they knew a way around we followed. As they droped down to the bridge the lights changed to green, Less hit the gas, BANG the old style container with the lifting eyes on top hit the bridge and under it went. Could have swore the truck lifted six inches when it come out the other end.Good job we had only a flat on. Anyway a couple of mile down the road there used to be a small cafe and we both pulled in. Dad said to Bill did you know you hit the bridge, He said what bridge we always come this way. :smiley: :smiley:

Regards Keith.

Hiya Dave… and Keith as you look through your cattle market photo’s will you look out for any EC Meirs or J Haydon both stoke firms.
i know the did Shrewsbury and Oswestry markets.
Cheers John.

Hi boys
John I remember them well. Used to do a lot to Longmans

Regards Keith

Hi Haydons sold to Ian Phillips, Baldwins Gate, he has my old Triumph TR4 1421VT restored and running. Mears are still going, another north staffs firm was Ron Marsh. I know Haydons have a photo album as I’ve seen it.

dessert driver:
Hi boys

Dave the Renegade:

dessert driver:
Hi boys

Cheers Dave.

Shaw is Dave.I first remember them working out of Irish Sea Ferries Garston, very early seventies They used to take the box off a six wheeler Leyland when the cattle job was quiet and move Lancashire flats. One day on the way back from Manchester we came behind them,Les driving Bill shot gun. When we got to Middlewich they turned for Nantwich and the low bridge under the canel. Thinking they knew a way around we followed. As they droped down to the bridge the lights changed to green, Less hit the gas, BANG the old style container with the lifting eyes on top hit the bridge and under it went. Could have swore the truck lifted six inches when it come out the other end.Good job we had only a flat on. Anyway a couple of mile down the road there used to be a small cafe and we both pulled in. Dad said to Bill did you know you hit the bridge, He said what bridge we always come this way. :smiley: :smiley:

Regards Keith.

Hi keith yep les as told me about the bridge route. after the six wheeler they had a guy big j tractor unit on irish sea ferries

Hi 3300John is this the Maers you were mentioning this Atki was at Shrewsbury market Have got a BW shot with its drawbar Kingswinfordkit mentioned an abbatior in Northampton i can remember one near a railway crossing not sure if it was Baxters though There is one near Bedford and ican remember Crowthers Craven arms and Mj Parry unloading there