Old livestock hauliers shropshire

143topline:

andrew you will recognise this one
struggling to remember where i took it, either at 3 coun. really think it was 3 countiesties or royal welsh

great pic dad bought that from Roy Edwards Knighton trucks in 1994 and has still got it now.

pair of livestock volvos,about 1987.

hi andrew, when did you finish brick bros? & do u have a photo of the 3 series you drove for deakins?

atkidave:
hi andrew, when did you finish brick bros? & do u have a photo of the 3 series you drove for deakins?

Hi Dave, well, closed most of it in 1997/98,I kept one lorry on contract to H.P.Bulmer in Hereford,driven by Mike Golder, sold 2 the last new bulk trailers
(a Wisbeach and a Wilcox 55c.yarders) and I went to Steve Deakins, starting off his haulage buisness and holding the operators licence and C.P.C, and driving a 380 Topliner Streamliner 6x2. I left Steve in 1999 ,to go & work for H.P.Bulmer,due to better wages, driving one of their lorries, I also did some work for Pentons and Wincanton on the fridges at times. Mike left me in 2000,so I went back to driving my own F10, changing it for a FH12 420 (which I had chipped to a 460 due to poor fuel consumption) on contract to H.P.Bulmer, mostly on Scotch work.This lorry was stolen the old Roberts yard in September 2001, and I went back to driving for H.P.Bulmers, although mostly on long night runs (Kent and Leeds) and although I have always liked early starts, I found working nights and trying to sleep during the day hard,so when I was offered the fuel job driving a six wheeler at Presteigne I took it.This was a good driving job on local deliveries, although I missed the distance work, and I have always prefered to drive a artic. I did quite a bit of continental work,driving for Transam and StageTruck on the Rock & Roll which helped keep my hand in, but all this has stopped since my back collapsed in Feb. last year. I had a large spinal op last November, and although I have been told that I shouldnt drive trucks for another 9 months, I am now well on the mend, and missing truck driving badly, with a bit of luck (and after the OK from my surgeon) I might be able to do some continental touring work by late summer.
Unfortunatly I havnt any photos of the 113 that I drove for Steve Deakins, always working to hard to take any!!!
regards Andrew.

caddy1:

mercman123:
Does any one remember Parrys from Bayston Hill by Shrewsbury ? They did a lots of livestock plus any thing they could get there hands on .

Hi yes my brother paul cad worked there for few years started on d series then twin steer aec and drag then aec unit and ended up on sa 400 they were on containers a lot also had tippers cheers ian

Hi, yes I remember Parrys well, a good well respected firm, although I wouldnt like to guess the full loaded weight of their livestock artics, used to run four deckers bolted onto low loader trailers, well heavy even when empty.
regards Andrew.

did parrys do a lot of livestock work to and from ireland and they had a larage near goodwick fishguard and were they one of the first to have slop tanks built into theier livestock trailers ?

aec mammoth major with 4 deck thornes livestock body. photo taken at shrewsbury market early 1960’s

aec mustang of m j parry waiting to unload at barretts and baird harvills hawthorn , west bromwich

143topline:

aec mustang of m j parry waiting to unload at barretts and baird harvills hawthorn , west bromwich

Hi, spent a good part of my life waiting to get unloaded there,used to be a bit of a sod to reverse up the old alleyway esp. with an artic !!
regards Andrew.

andrew brick:

143topline:

Hi, spent a good part of my life waiting to get unloaded there,used to be a bit of a sod to reverse up the old alleyway esp. with an artic !!
regards Andrew.

ps. does anybody else remember having to go to Barretts & Baird farm out by Telford when West Brom was full ?

hi andrew, well i never knew b&b had a farm. was jack trow in charge of the lairage when you used to go there. he used to drive for jukes had many a ride in bedford VVJ 644 back to birmingham all those years ago

143topline:
hi andrew, well i never knew b&b had a farm. was jack trow in charge of the lairage when you used to go there. he used to drive for jukes had many a ride in bedford VVJ 644 back to birmingham all those years ago

Hi, there used to be an old boy used to be quite a small chap if I remember, and he had a young lad working with him, but I dont know if he worked for Jukes, always used to be a busy place, and we usually had another trip to do afterwards, either a Baxters at Northampton or North Devon Meats, although it wasnt unkown to go to Severn Oaks,in kent or Jaspers,Launcenston,so didnt hang about, trying to remember exactly where their farm was,somewhere between Weston and Telford, always used to moan about having to go there after waiting ages to tip in West brom.Had one real bad night at Barretts, unloading at the new yard when it got raided by the animal rights people,the security locked the gates,but unfortunatlly when the thugs were allready in, talk about closing the stable door when the horse had bolted.The police riot squad then turned up and hell let loose. :angry: :angry:
regards Andrew.

Evening all,

I’ve finally got hold of some of my Uncle’s photo’s including, A.E Stuart / Gerald Britton’s F12 BFJ960T when new & working, an AEC Mandator(?) wagon & drag which is believed to be ex Parry’s Bayston Hill, a couple of HH Williams Macks & Scanias, plus several good ones of Stuarts other lorries. Also some of my Dad’s vehicles.

Hope scan & post them tomorrow.

Andrew Stone

143topline:
hi pebbles andrew
the aec would have been parrys from bayston hill, haven;t got a wagon and drag of theirs but will see what i can come up with.
i have found a colour pic of the ex stuarts F12 but it is blue/ red with the spoiler removed. brittons also had a grey F88 and a white DAF2800
i have a pic of an F7 EIGHT WHEELER OF A E STUART

Hi 143topline,

I’ve just noticed this message, apologies for not replying before. It would be great to see these pics when you have a moment.

Andrew S

So here are some of my Uncle Martins photographs with a Shropshire connection:

This is BFJ960T when brand new, subsequently owned by Gerald Britton.

A couple of working shots.

These next ones are of an AEC wagon & drag that was bought second hand from an operator from Shrewsbury, registration CNT163N. My Uncle thinks it came from ‘Perrys’ but I think he might mean Parrys of Bayston Hill, not been able to confirm that yet though…

This is the original colour scheme.

Now in Stuarts Transport colours.

It would be grreat to know more about this lorry if anybody remembers her.

I’ve got several more AE Stuart / Livestock transport photos which I’m going to put in there own thread.

Hope you like these,

Andrew Stone

Hi thats parrys aec looks like charlie"s my brother had the twin steer got small photo of that going try and blow it up cheers ian

hi that HH williams were they from tewksbury area as my bro paul was on about company called williams smart fleet he remembers them in shrewsbury market with scania 111 with double decks when all parrys had aec cheers ian

caddy1:
hi that HH williams were they from tewksbury area as my bro paul was on about company called williams smart fleet he remembers them in shrewsbury market with scania 111 with double decks when all parrys had aec cheers ian

Hello caddy1,

HH Williams were from Moreton Vallence on the A38 near Stroud. I’ve posted some of my Uncle’s photos of them in the following thread:-

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=51613

Andrew Stone

143topline:

hi ive recently joined the forum and was very interested in these posts my father run livestock lorries just over the border in wales but with a shropshire address.
there are a few livestock hauliers in this area that come to mind they are
JW Watson Bronington Whitchurch (my father)
Stocktons of whitchurch
Frank Edwards of Loppington
Dulsons of Whixall
Sid Downes Bagley Ellesmere

Does anyone remember any of these?