Old Italians FIAT OM UNIC Lancia

Lancia… Robert

HeAlfa was one of the first with an electrical splitter switch, but be carefull it wasn’t a preselector.
very nice box to drive qual with Fiat’s box with electrical switch but years earlier all were 8 speeders.
Engines in buses or coaches were nearly all switch with Leyland’s 0680.

Bye Eric,

AR-N - kopie.jpg

Hey,

motorealfa1000.jpg

tiptop495:
Engines in buses or coaches were nearly all switch with Leyland’s 0680.,

Eric, it’s astonishing how successful Leyland’s 0.680 (and its 0.600 predecessor) was. The more I look and read, the more places it turns up (in bus circles at least), including Ashok Lelyand and the Worldmaster bus chassis, not to forget that DAF modelled its (also highly successful) 11.6l DKS on the same lump. If there’s not a thread on here for the 0.680, perhaps there should be.

Apologies for going O/T (again).

ParkRoyal2100:

tiptop495:

Eric, it’s astonishing how successful Leyland’s 0.680 (and its 0.600 predecessor) was. The more I look and read, the more places it turns up (in bus circles at least), including Ashok Lelyand and the Worldmaster bus chassis, not to forget that DAF modelled its (also highly successful) 11.6l DKS on the same lump. If there’s not a thread on here for the 0.680, perhaps there should be.

I owned a Leyland double-decker for a couple of years with an 0.600 in: terrific engine. Robert :slight_smile:

Some pictures of respectively the 950 and 1000 from 1956 and 1958.

The 950 had 6 cylinder, 4 cycle, 120x140mm, 9495cc, 130hp engine.

AR-950-1956.jpg

Just found some ‘fresh’ input on both Alfa Romeo and Lancia for the light and medium market

• Alfa Romeo type Romeo 3* from 1966 with body of Carenati, version was made until 1967 when
    the Alfa Romeo F12 (furgone: closed body) and A12 (autotelaio: chassis with cab) was introduced

• Lancia type Beta for the medium market, whereas type Jolly and Super Jolly filled downwards for
    the lighter part of the market, the Beta is VERY rare also in terms of documentaion and pictures.

Lancia-2.jpg

Lancia-1.jpg

Lancia Beta from 1957, most Italians had RHD due to safety/alignment on roads near coast-edges and mountains,
so no cancelled export-orders, lol

Lancia-Beta-1957.jpg

ParkRoyal2100:

tiptop495:

Hey PR2100, you have right,the lancia’s got a Leyland too, but for lorries it was mostly the Henschel engine
which had the edge.

Bye Eric,

@tiptop, hey that is new for me that Alfa Romeo diesel’s were based on Henschels as well.

Herewith a nice picture from type 1000/mille in Bartoletti-version from 1963. A-J

file (6).jpg

Results of some searching…extra axles (steerable) were often supplied by Orlandi and Viberti.

Lancia-Esagamma-1973.jpg

ERF-Continental:
@tiptop, hey that is new for me that Alfa Romeo diesel’s were based on Henschels as well.

Herewith a nice picture from type 1000/mille in Bartoletti-version from 1963. A-J

Hey ERF, no they were replaced with Henschels :imp: :smiley:

Bye eric,

Morning Eric,

I indeed was a bit confused…as Henschels got DB installed end of 1970’s

By the way…do you have more info on Deraedt-Vanneste that they also
had several Mack’s after the era of Miesse and the one FTF?

Gerlof (also on the forum frequently) is occupied with a book on Mack in
Belgium and everthing is interesting him.

A-J

Hey, as they drove for Schmidts

bye Eric,

Hey, The big family Vanneste Moen, Deraedt Vanneste, Transvago / jo.

Bye Eric,

Should not fail in this series of Italians…very unknown for lorries though: Maserati M15 Muletto!

The Maserati M15 Muletto was introduced at Torino-exhibition in 1952 superseding the normal Muletto
from 1948. The M15 had a 2 cylinder, 2 cycles, 547cc engine producing 15,5hp. Load capacity was 1500kg.

Same for (Auto-)Bianchi, very known for cycles and motorcycles and cars, but also for lorries!

Here the Filarete and Visconteo!

At last (for the time being as I dislike scanning from brochures) the Sforzesco!

Hey, there were a lot of marques I never have seen before, like OMT and MF which used the Baffo Fiat cab but
with a differnt sleeper.And Camir which used Renault parts and cabs.
Bye Eric,