Old Irish

Sorry if I`ve posted some of these before,but sure here goes.

PAL International 2800

Richard Morris 2800.Running a pub in London now I believe.

My life as a tipper driver,short lived thank God.

Ah tilts,thats far better.

Mainstay of the Irish haulage fleet for years HE336

Another 336

Scotchman owned this,doing airfreight Dublin / Amsterdam.

Meadows F10

Shanahans SK Merc.

The middle one in the bottom picture, the Scania, looks like it’s Huey Dunne

Blimey Archie, that is a blast from the past :sunglasses:

newmercman:

Yes do you remember them ? The old man and his son. Old Huey and Young Huey. Regular sight in Muttenz in the early 90’s :smiley: Big friend of Claude Barbeau was Young Huey.

newmercman:

Yes do you remember them ? The old man and his son. Old Huey and Young Huey. Regular sight in Muttenz in the early 90’s :smiley: Big friend of Claude Barbeau was Young Huey.

SORRY STTTTUTERING AGAIN. BLOODY IPADS ARE TOO SENSITIVE. :frowning: :frowning:

I knew the Hueys but can’t place them? Is Claude the one from Kiwi?

harry:

Hullo Harry,
No Claude was doing a bit of freight forwarding last time I spoke to him, he had an office just over the border in France. He lived a few kilometers from Basle, on the French side. I can’t recall the name of the town Bel – something or another, I forget, although I went there for dinner ( Curry ) a few times. When he was on the Road he had a Scania in FM colours, a coloured chap from Mauritius. When he came off the road he employed the Son of the people that owned that good Routiers just outside Calais, the one that got demolished to put in a Bridge over the new Motorway. A young fair headed bloke by the name of Jean Charles. He was a real nice lad too. Still on Frans Maas work. Manchester to Muttenz.

Its the same Claude ,he was on an Alsace firm with Kiwi before he went O/D. There was tunnel St Marie,then Col de Bon Homme,then the next one. At the bottom was Claudes firm.

Hullo Harry,
I don’t know what Claude did before he was an O/D, maybe Kiwi was the same one that was in the Wharehouse at Frans Maas at Manchester, I don’t know. I’m not sure where Claude lived in the days of him being an O/D. When he set up as a freight forwarder he was in St.Louis. The last exit before you arrived at the border, go up to the top, turn right, and there was a business park on your left, tale the first road into the estate drive to the end of the road, and his office was on the 2nd floor of the building that was facing you. We always used to get a load out of Ungersheim from him, right home to the North East of England. ■■■ Packets, a flying load.

Archie Paice:

newmercman:

SORRY STTTTUTERING AGAIN. BLOODY IPADS ARE TOO SENSITIVE. :frowning: :frowning:

I seem to remember they were yellow with green stripes?

Archie Paice:
Hullo Harry,
I don’t know what Claude did before he was an O/D, maybe Kiwi was the same one that was in the Wharehouse at Frans Maas at Manchester, I don’t know. I’m not sure where Claude lived in the days of him being an O/D. When he set up as a freight forwarder he was in St.Louis. The last exit before you arrived at the border, go up to the top, turn right, and there was a business park on your left, tale the first road into the estate drive to the end of the road, and his office was on the 2nd floor of the building that was facing you. We always used to get a load out of Ungersheim from him, right home to the North East of England. ■■■ Packets, a flying load.

Claude was black with dark wavy hair & v.stocky. Good English ,good French. Kiwi was an English driver living in Alsace who married a French waitress. Kiwi & Claude were on the same firm. Claude didn’t like me,he thought I was racist ( I wasn’t at the time but living in UK now I have no choice!) Claude adored a good mate of mine that was a rabid colour hater & they would drink together regular.I think Claude subbed for Frans Maas doing CH-UK.
Its Huey I’m interesed in at the end of the day.

Better picture to come,but that was a Danzas CH, 112.

whiplash:
Better picture to come,but that was a Danzas CH, 112.

If it was a wagon and drag ,they only had one with a Swiss driver who used to do Portugal . He had a dream job ,he was only a fab salary plus overtime and exes . He used to do one Portugal a month. We would do one Portugal and one Spain a month. This was before motorways in Spain ,Portugal ,and parts of France.

Archie Paice:

harry:

Hullo Harry,
No Claude was doing a bit of freight forwarding last time I spoke to him, he had an office just over the border in France. He lived a few kilometers from Basle, on the French side. I can’t recall the name of the town Bel – something or another, I forget, although I went there for dinner ( Curry ) a few times. When he was on the Road he had a Scania in FM colours, a coloured chap from Mauritius. When he came off the road he employed the Son of the people that owned that good Routiers just outside Calais, the one that got demolished to put in a Bridge over the new Motorway. A young fair headed bloke by the name of Jean Charles. He was a real nice lad too. Still on Frans Maas work. Manchester to Muttenz.

Hi Archie.

Claude Barbeau was a real nice feller hope his still about, when I first met him many moons ago I made the mistake of referring to him as French he went ballistic, I’m not French you insult me he ranted , what are you then I asked I’m an Englishman from Mauritius, and always maintained he was English, couldn’t wish for a better mate.

Ossie

Yup ! That’s the bloke Ossie. He was good company to be with. Of course he was Black because they are all Black in Mauritius. I used to wind him up and say, I think your really from Madagascar, they’re Froggies
He used to make a really good curry when I went to his house. And when he was Freight Forwarding it was always good work we got. Good job he did’nt have Ginger hair eh ?

It all started one Monday morning in Muttenz on the import ramp. Kiwi was on the ramp and pulled off .i went to get in the slot and Claude blocked me and took the place. I gave Claude a bo###cking . I didn’t know at the time that Kiwi and Claude were a team. He took it bad and clocked me as a racist :laughing:

Wagon and drag alright.Can`t remember was she the only one though.ZH registered if I recall correctly,as opposed to BS.They used to co lad between Zurich/Basel to Dublin,and v.v.
Might have been a once off to Irl,(as you suggest),as Danzas used mostly hauliers,Alexander Keller or Krummen Kerzers,before the Irish hauliers were given the roundtrips.

Danzas ,if I remember , went into artics when they moved to UAG. The Zurich lad lost his dream job. They got all streamlined and parked trailers on their ramp and loaded them. The units would turn up and swap trailers . The Swiss were new at this and once the Danish load ended up impounded in Spain and the Spanish load went somewhere else. This was when everything was carnet so it took weeks to sort out. The Danzas warehouse at UAG was run by a guy from Alsace who hated the Brits. Had many a run in with him. He used to go ballistic if a driver used the office toilet. I used to do it regular to wind him up. He used to drop everything run across the office and bang on the toilet door :laughing:

PR Reilly 141.Great job in its day.

Shanahan hacker abomination!

Far more worthy 141.