Old hgv psv licences

Hello I was an HGV and psv driver in the uk back in the 1970s I then emigrated to Canada obviously these licences are now long expired . I have a car licence that is still in effect until I m 70. I have lost my PSV badges and HGV licences . I need to find the numbers of my licences it was suggested that I contact DVLA but I ve been on their site and cant find anything relating to my question. One other question is could these licences be reactivated without going through the whole process again I understand that medicals would be required as well as the CPC thing . can anyone help with this an e mail address for the DVLA would help. I realise that british residency would be required. Thanks in advance Wayne Robinson

robinswh:
Hello I was an HGV and psv driver in the uk back in the 1970s I then emigrated to Canada obviously these licences are now long expired . I have a car licence that is still in effect until I m 70. I have lost my PSV badges and HGV licences . I need to find the numbers of my licences it was suggested that I contact DVLA but I ve been on their site and cant find anything relating to my question. One other question is could these licences be reactivated without going through the whole process again I understand that medicals would be required as well as the CPC thing . can anyone help with this an e mail address for the DVLA would help. I realise that british residency would be required. Thanks in advance Wayne Robinson

You could have a big problem …

Normally you simply take a D4 medical and get all those categories back BUT only if they were on the computer system in 1984
As you passed in the 70s it is very unlikely your previous categories will be on the computer system in which case your only option is to start again as a newbie from scratch !

emaildvla.direct.gov.uk/emaildv … l/dvla/en/ = click the appropriate enquiry and fill in the form

Thank you very much Rog its much as I thought you re from Leicester I m originally from Coalville!!!

Acting on a tip I contacted the crich tramway museum they were able to give me my conductors badge 1968 and psv drivers badge numbers .1974…quite a surprise from an unusual source > I mislaid these when I cleaned out my mothers house a few years back