old haulage rates

any interest

jastrebsi59:
any interest

It would be very interesting to compare the “then” Britvic rate schedule,circa 25 years ago with the “current” one ! especially after years of butchering by the “fast eddie” mob,anyone got any ideas ? Cheers Bewick.

yer i would as well but saying that Bewick those britvic rates are better than some on offer now a lot better in fact

Rate schedules,nice to have in the drawer,but most of the time just a work of fiction.Mike. :neutral_face:

thelongdrag:
Rate schedules,nice to have in the drawer,but most of the time just a work of fiction.Mike. :neutral_face:

They probably are a joke to-day Mike because the Industry of today is mainly populated by ■■■■■■■■■ who have no principals and are too sharp for their own good,but rate schedules of yesteryear were, in fact,strictly adhered to,well ours were at Bewick Transport! Cheers Bewick.

Our rate schedule was what we got after dicussions with the customer it was typed up and sent to the relevant customer it was reviewed yearly unless there where increases in fuel etc. the likes of Britvic that was there rate schedule & TKM but the rest was ours.
What you must remember most of the customers where gentlemen not like today they new there own buisness not run by accountants or jumped up Logistics people.
Also in them days we all worked together Welchs Witham Depot, Charringtons Colchester,Maldon transport we never never poached there work in fact the oppisite if of one there customers contacted us we would telephone the haulier concerned my boss would speak to them about the rate then we would quote a higher rate not like the last few years in fact i have a rate schedule made by Welchs for one our customers and it shows every destination was higher but i would not show it because Welchs are still in buisness