Old F12 at B/head

Any one know whose this is/was?

aghhhhhhh never thought i would see that place again!!! work there on the ferries for 18 months shunting. its possible that its heading over to ireland unacompanied as the use to leave them dump outside or waiting to pick up a trailer which if the ships crews are still italian could b there awhile :confused:

Tell me about it, i worked there tramping for 18 months… twice!

i worked on the dock side mate £6.50p per hour day and night shift, working week was tuesday to saturday (no extra rate) plus you were expected to work at least one of your days off!, i talian crews made tying up of the ships damm right dangerous, to the point where one ship crashed into the jetty on a lovely sunny calm saturday morning leaving the forward lads to be rescued by lifeboat. half the shunters didnt even have a car licence yet usually trained up on tugs after a couple of weeks! lot of damage done to trailers, roll overs, dropping on knees, packed it in after ship hit the gantry the boss told us he wanted us to work 7 day weeks, and if we didnt then wont get any overtime at christmas! bloke was a complete d**k as was a lot of the work force lol

sorry bout the rant but you have given me flashbacks and post tramatic stress disorder now…wheres the whiskey and painkillers… :smiley:

Wow, u worked shipside!

I could tell u a million sories about the Tuggies that Rolled our trai;lers every week, nutters. My gran could drive a TUG better than those boys!

As for reversing those trailers, let me just laugh out loud!!!

fair do’s the problem was gsl was dropping off curtainsiders loaded with sheet mdf drivers would then take off their straps as you know, tuggie would pick up trailer and being to lazy to wind up legs would raise 5th wheel instead result ? 1st tun on its side, now first time maybe can be forgiven but about 4 went over whilst i was there!!! would check all gsl trailers first before going onto ship, and always wound up legs :unamused:

I was on the dock the day a Kronospan (MDF) trailer went over, the tuggies just gave it too much oooomph on that last right hander towards the boat!

As for whether or not the GSL drivers ever took off straps before droppping trailers i dont know? However, If i strapped a MDF trailer 100% and a B/head tuggie went flat out towards the boat, it WOULD go over, straps or not!

Same with every job, if u know what ur driving the u drive accordingly!

best one was anyone who didnt have a psv was banned from taking the new buses off the boat as they were getting slighty damaged coming off the ramp. the psv holder on our shift (psv for 21 years) then managed to take the whole side of a bus out by wellying it into the side of a p+o trailer £26,000 worth of damage next week we had been given a lesson in how to take buses off using the suspension :smiley: you away gaz? if so what you using to access inernet?

Nah, at home, few days off! Looking into one of those "3"network dongles. £10,£15,£20 a month depending on usage, gotta be worth it!

depends on the coverage mate, might be intrested myself heard they are not too clever though?. plus spend half the week in belgium or holland so dont know if it will work over there?