old days

don’t know if anyone else has seen it but I chanced upon different stories on you tube called look at life by the rank organisation,it covers everything about transport in the sixties and before,including cars, trains,and one story shows an old blue ERF and its driver on a European run to milan,quite fascinating,also shows trucks in Ireland in the 70s/80s [mostly scanias]bought back a lot of memories for me as I remember the trucks I used to go in when my dad drove them,one of the reasons I like classic trucks now,modern trucks are very nice nowdays but they do not have character like the old wagons

truckman020:
don’t know if anyone else has seen it but I chanced upon different stories on you tube called look at life by the rank organisation,it covers everything about transport in the sixties and before,including cars, trains,and one story shows an old blue ERF and its driver on a European run to milan,quite fascinating,also shows trucks in Ireland in the 70s/80s [mostly scanias]bought back a lot of memories for me as I remember the trucks I used to go in when my dad drove them,one of the reasons I like classic trucks now,modern trucks are very nice nowdays but they do not have character like the old wagons

really? We drive and live in our modern trucks, just like they did 20 or 30 years ago… todays run of the mill trucks are classics in 20 years time…

At least ill be able to tell my grand children that I actually had to hold and use the steering wheel, whilst driving down the motorway…

truckman020:

I Love those films, The first one I saw was of Wally the night Trunker for Atlas express, not much has changed really, Uk Mail is much the same job now,
The Lorry Load of Pheasants is the Blue ERF,
The London Markets reminds me of going with my Old Dad to Covent Garden, Borough & Spitafields, delivering the flowers we had just collected from a plane at Manston Airport,

Very Nostalgic :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

To look at most of the trucks over here the basic design hasn’t changed from back then. The yanks love the old classic look. Mines a 2012 Pete 389 and from the outside looks the same as a 1950’s Pete.

truckman020:

I’ve spent most of today watching those on Facebook, had loads of things to do too and managed to do none of them thanks to those films :laughing:

newmercman:

truckman020:

I’ve spent most of today watching those on Facebook, had loads of things to do too and managed to do none of them thanks to those films :laughing:

Yeah, they can easily sidetrack you & become a bit addictive,

Toddy2:

truckman020:

I Love those films, The first one I saw was of Wally the night Trunker for Atlas express, not much has changed really, Uk Mail is much the same job now,
The Lorry Load of Pheasants is the Blue ERF,
The London Markets reminds me of going with my Old Dad to Covent Garden, Borough & Spitafields, delivering the flowers we had just collected from a plane at Manston Airport,

Very Nostalgic :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

agreed

newmercman:

truckman020:

they are that good though,i watched one then realised two hours had gone by