Old companys from stoke -on trent

any more of Moorlock ? I remember being with my dad when I was a lad and one of Moorlock drivers stuck in Hamburg, it was an F88, I recall. Wish I had taken snaps then!!

Hello,I remember going to see Raeph and Dorris apologies for any misspellings, at the back yard where they lived were Turners lorries.This was in the 1960s and my dad spoke of Turners running from behind Dividy Road in the 1940s and 1950s,Does anyone remember Turners roadways earlier history,Raeph and Dorris had a daughter Dorris and she had daughter Addelle sorry for any misspellings.

image.jpeg

image.jpega couple of Stoke regs but where’s M Nield from?

Punchy Dan:
0a couple of Stoke regs but where’s M Nield from?

Dan,

M Neil’s were a Stoke company sold up a number of years ago now
Cheers
Ant

Willie Roadstar:

Punchy Dan:
0a couple of Stoke regs but where’s M Nield from?

Dan,

M Neil’s were a Stoke company sold up a number of years ago now
Cheers
Ant

Sorry should say M Neild s ( bloody spell check) !!!

Cheers Ant :smiley:

Punchy Dan:

In case you noticed , it was me flashing the lights at you just below the lorry park in Buxton , the fodder looks a treat . Dave

rigsby:

Punchy Dan:

In case you noticed , it was me flashing the lights at you just below the lorry park in Buxton , the fodder looks a treat . Dave

Bloody autocorrect if you see what I mean

Yep eyeball Dave ,I was a bit slow spotting you ,was thinking about the sleep I was going have on the 515 :laughing:

CALLING PUNCHY DAN during my time on the road I did stoke for quite a few years and as I recall when taking what I thought was a short cut to KEELE UNI from the D road through Audley , Alsagers bank and Silverdale I used to pass Neilds place in Audley in the 80s, 90s and noughties.

Hiya ,was it just the 2 lorries ?

CALLING PUNCHY DAN. Don’t know how many motors they had but it was more than 2 I think they were 40 foot tippers and tankers as well as the brick wagons.Just out of curiosity are you from the potteries? and if you are do you recall a local bloke from there on the CB called TOBY JUG from Fenton he was the bloke who could give directions and one called ALKIE DAVE from Audley he was an ex driver occasionally went up Scotland with a driver he knew. P.S the tankers were for sand possibly something to do with British industrial sand just off junction 17, M6.

Punchy Dan:
Hiya ,was it just the 2 lorries ?

Dan

Neild’s had about 25 - 30 trucks at one time, I think Barry Proctor was transport manager there before starting on his own

Cheers Ant

Ay up Ant,hows things?
I drove an ex Neild ERF Olympic when i worked for Marcus Hughes years ago,don,t think they had it long as it was immaculate,looked well in bright yellow with gloss grey chassis,if i remember right the reg was N400 MNT.

image.jpegapparently these never had any lorries they were all subbies ,I’ve heard the same said about chapman & ball ?

didnt this get stolen ?

F86 reg DRF 93T My F12 is D252 DRF I wonder what is the reg of the one in the back ground :astonished: :open_mouth: