Old C L Transport F12 Shunter

Was loading some Cider out in the sticks the other day and came accross this beauty. Where my dad worked in the 80’s had a black F16 with the 470 power stickers, same as this. I love these old Volvo’s! I see C L still use this colour scheme on their wagons, Volvo’s or otherwise!

its the new model F12 too…a shunter you say? :frowning: :frowning:

it must go on the road its to clean to stay in a yard :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Pretty sure I drove this beauty when it was painted in the two tone blue and silver colours of CG Janes,before they were bought by CL Transport.Anyone have pics of their lovely F12 Globetrotters/FH12’s.Good guy Geoff,but he was keen on looking after the fleet.Last I heard he’d retired to Turkey or somewhere ?

SCRUMPtI ous :stuck_out_tongue:

Mr’s Thatchers Cider :stuck_out_tongue:

I would suggest that the colour scheme is untouched from Volvo original and the rest of the truck looks untouched too, it will make a good show vehicle

I love them old volvo’s :sunglasses:

I would suggest that the colour scheme is untouched from Volvo original and the rest of the truck looks untouched too, it will make a good show vehicle
[/quote]
So would I there were a lot about like that.

speaking of old volvos i saw ralph davis’s f10 on the m1 with a tautliner on

this one mat?

Now that looks a tidy lotor :sunglasses:

thats the one mate, one day when i can afford a scanner and have some time ill scan a load of my old pics from the 90s when these were everywhere :sunglasses:

euromat:
thats the one mate, one day when i can afford a scanner and have some time ill scan a load of my old pics from the 90s when these were everywhere :sunglasses:

I will buy one for you just for the RDF photos alone :exclamation:

Saw one of C.L. Transports Scania toplines today in the same colours (no surprise), but its funny seeing a scania in what is volvo graphics. I wonder how many volvos there are in the scania 3 stripe colours.

It did look smart though, always like a fleet where they paint the chassis.

I dared to suggest that once upon a time this truck was two tone blue and silver,but NO NO definately not came the answer.Tis amazing what a trip to the paintshop can do.

Some more of Ralph’s F10

Ralph’s F10 which is now preserved