Old Bedford trucks

Here is one of three that is still in daily use here in Barbados, hauling general cargo and sugar cane.
How old ■■

GS

Got to be from around the 60s I would think.

G’day mate,Nice old Beddie. There are a fair few of these still opperating in NZ. As for age could be later than some would think,I saw one last year that was a 1982 model. I’m not sure when they stoped making the TJ,could have been right up untill when Bedford finished up in 1986.
I’ll stick some pics up when I get back to NZ next week.

An old ex Army Bedford which used to belong to Paul Griffiths.

Love the Barbados TJ ! Great old motors, built from the late fifties right to the end of Bedford, and possibly into AWD days as an export model. They had a fine pedigree - the cab evolved from the 1947 Chevrolet pickup design by way of Bedfords’ A and D types, and the petrol engine can trace its’ ancestry right back to the Chevy “stovebolt six” of 1929. Design lessons learned with the prewar W range and refined in the O series were incorporated to make them very tough, durable and straightforward lorries. In these cash-strapped days, there must be a market for something similar, if only the Euro-Global-Enviro-HSE beaurocrats would allow it to be built !!!

In the corner of a field, in a far off land, there will always be a piece of Bedford :wink: .

After.

A few I have seen on my travels.

Morroco.

Morroco.

Cyprus.

Cyprus.

Hong Kong.

Egypt.

Abuse in Malta.

Portugal.[

Malta,

Turkey, With the Genotto name.

Turkey

Phil 43 years on tankers wht is a rope.

G’day,
Well made it back to quiet little NZ,so I thought I’d add some of mine from my travels. Great pics Numbum mate.

Western Australia

Turkey

Western Australia

New Zealand

New Zealand

Western Australia

Malta

New Zealand
No matter where you go you always see a Bedford in the end.

Heres another one on its daily grind ! :open_mouth:

Barbados

GS OVERLAND:

Barbados

Looks as if he’s lost his Bed ,Gavin ! :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

GS OVERLAND:

Barbados

Looks as if he’s lost hiss Bed ,Gavin ! :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

Looks like you need to keep out of his way :open_mouth: he seems to be coming round there at a fair old lick. Have a good look at his N/S front tyre :laughing: :laughing:

Glad to hear you got back safe Jamie.

Turkish Denoto-Bedford. Must be one of those home built collaboration things?

G’day Gary mate,
Yep made it back last week,no worries,good to meet you mate. Hope you have a busy summer in the bar.
Anyhow here’s a few more Beddies from my travels over the years. Sadly I didn’t see one in the six weeks I’ve just spent in Europe.

I took this one in Turkey in 1989,I remember seeing quite a lot of these Turkish built Bedfords then,but when I went back in '07 I don’t think I saw one.

New Zealand

Crete,Greece

New Zealand

1982,J5 still working in New Zealand.
There must be heaps more photos of Bedfords around the world? Come on fellas,get you pics up on here, Bubbs mate you must have a stash?

hiya …i was in Malta march 2010 and spotted these

this photo is only a cab. a mate i was with said it was quite rare as production of this
model was short lived. its something to do with the chrome on the front grille.

the little wrecker is a 1961 tk with bling
I did’nt think i had taken so many pictures of bedfords while i was there.
John

hiya again if england is a corner of the world we have these

spot the reg on these two photo’s

John

got in a wrong gear and went into 2nd low(Austin)never mind.
John

Turkey,

Turkey, the other lorry is a Turkish built Morris

Cyprus

Cyprus

Cyprus

Cyprus, Rust Godesses

Cyprus. Larnaca scrapyard.

Malta

Malta

Malta

Malta.

Phil-43 years on tankers what is a rope.

GS OVERLAND:
Here is one of three that is still in daily use here in Barbados, hauling general cargo and sugar cane.
How old ■■

GS

used to be a 58/59 one of these in the yard i used to work in about 3 years ago, it was fitted with a hand operated crane on the back i wanted to restore it, but before work got underway he sold it to some traveleers for £125 i was gutted

G’day here’s a few more oldies from around the World.

Turkey

New Zealand

Western Australia

New Zealand,V6 Detroit power,Alison Auto or 13 speed Road Ranger. Check out the Ergo Beaver behind,both of these are still in use.