Oktoberfest

Good evening folks,

Just wondering if anybody has been too the oktoberfest in Germany as I’m planning on going this year, first time abroad and all that so just wondering whether anyone who has been has any suggestions on places to see & stay etc :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Get your arse over there. I had the unfortunate occasion to suffer 5 years in BFG courtesy of HM and never got the chance to sample the actual Oktoberfest, but every village, town, city, Tom, ■■■■ and Harry has a Schützenfest at some point over the summer. :grimacing: Can’t beat a good old German thigh-slapping sesh with a buxom wench when you’re ■■■■ -faced!
Give the German Tourist Board a shout.

Hey.

I been a couple of times when I used to live in Germany… and I have to say it is grrrrreeeeeaaaatt! Good Party specially in the Tents :smiley:

There are a few attractions around the area, though I must admit I didn’t do much sight seeing when I was there :blush: :stuck_out_tongue: I would suggest black forest, but its a bit far from Munich.

Why don’t you have a look here, there might be some ideas oktoberfest.de/en/

Have fun either way and dont get too drunk :laughing: :laughing:

Gareth

Check out CONTIKI

Good if you’re on a tight budget.

Added bonus of a bus full of mad for it Aussies and Kiwis as travelling/drinking companions.

Cheers for that folks :smiley: And I think that’s just up my alley and very well priced considering the prices I’ve seen :open_mouth:

I’ll be mind to take my camera as my first time being abroad :grimacing:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses: