Oko tyre sealant

i’ve had a couple of punctures recently and have been looking for a reliable preventative. has anybody tried oko it seem’s expensive but is it any good?

Check the new sealer just released by WABCO

interesting stuff from wabco but it is only temporary oko is reckoned to be a permanant repair (i think :confused: } but thanks

i can recommend an agricultural tyre sealer that i have used in the past,it’s like a luminous light green colour with dark green specks in it,think it’s got linseed or something in it,i can let you know the name of it later when i wander down me workshop.

andy bilton:
i can recommend an agricultural tyre sealer that i have used in the past,it’s like a luminous light green colour with dark green specks in it,think it’s got linseed or something in it,i can let you know the name of it later when i wander down me workshop.

thought that was OKO :wink: I’ve used it in the past on a quad bike with a puncture and as a preventative on a 2 wheel motorbike - good stuff for that job !

I was going to put this stuff in the tyres on my trike but the guys who did the custom work on it (a company that choppers from the ground up) say it is dangerous,adding one of mates came a cropper after a rear tyre exploded with this stuff in it (not sure if it was the same brand)

Also it’s supposedly a pain in the arse when you eventually have to change the tyre

all tyre sealant is a pain when needing a tyre replaced as it leaves the rim all sticky that needs to be cleaned otherwise the bead to rim will leak air…also if u get a puncture in a tyre that has sealant in the fitter can and will(I dont fix tyres with sealant in)as the sealant has to be scraped away otherwise the patch glue dont stick properly…sealant is a tempory fix until you can get the tyre changed or replaced…and sealant will only seal pin holes or holes up to about 3mm wide.