Ok which is it? 9 or 11?

Hi guys and gals,

I have a question for you all.

Our TM is insistant that when I am at base / home, I can go back to work after 9 hours.

I was always under the impression that a 9 hour daily rest was only when you were away from base.

It doesnt happen often but I have the same old argument everytime. Christ he didnt know about the 10 hour rule until yesterday morning. :open_mouth:

PS: He doesnt hold a CPC and has never been a driver. Does that sound familiar to anyone?? :laughing:

You can go back to work after nine hours where ever you are home or away, sorry!

your TM is right :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: you can reduce your daily rest to 9 hours at home or away ( up to 3 times a week)

BUGGER!!! :laughing:

It doesnt bother me, I was just not sure about it and couldnt find it anywhere on the various sites.

He’s still a complete plonker… :wink:

Yes we know you can have a redused break of 9 hrs but is this by your own choice or can a tm make you i:e late finish then a early start next day or can i say i want 11 hrs off

Denis F:
your TM is right :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: you can reduce your daily rest to 9 hours at home or away ( up to 3 times a week)

But can he insist on you only having 9 off at homeâ– â– ?

I always knew you could have 9 off at home but was quite sure it’s up to you.

fez:
Yes we know you can have a redused break of 9 hrs but is this by your own choice or can a tm make you i:e late finish then a early start next day or can i say i want 11 hrs off

Yes he can ask you to reduce to 9 hours, nothing illegal about that. However, if you then said you would not feel fit to drive after 9 hours daily rest he would be stupid to insist because if you then had an accident the crap would hit the fan big style.

i now find its alot easier to work with them than against them[ assuming there half decent ], upset the apple cart and you can get some zb long days .
this week ive had a 7, 7 and a 9 hr days , all paid for 11 hrs.
so if they wanted a longer shift, reduced rest tommorow i wouldnt mind.as i say its a lot easier to work together than against each other

did you know that most normal people work a 35 to 40 hour week now

But for some reason, that I can not understand, some people like to spend their life in a tin can for â– â– â– â– â–  money.

Quick question if he doesnt have a CPC , how can he be the TMâ– â– ? :question:

anyone can call themselves a TM
its probable that the company owner is the CPC holder and he/she deligates the running of the office/transport opperation to the TM, under the guidance of the CPC holder

Don’t forget that if you shorten your daliy rest period you still need to make up that lost rest time another day within the next following week,

ie if you take a 9hr daily rest you will need to take an additional 2 hours within the next fixed week

if you take the 3 shortened breaks then you need to make up six hours within the next fixed week

Muttzknuttz:
Don’t forget that if you shorten your daliy rest period you still need to make up that lost rest time another day within the next following week,

ie if you take a 9hr daily rest you will need to take an additional 2 hours within the next fixed week

if you take the 3 shortened breaks then you need to make up six hours within the next fixed week

No you don’t. The requirement to compensate for reduced daily rests was removed when the rules changed on the 11th April last year. Weekly rest reductions do still need to be compensated for.

DOH!

Coffeeholic:

Muttzknuttz:

No you don’t. The requirement to compensate for reduced daily rests was removed when the rules changed on the 11th April last year. Weekly rest reductions do still need to be compensated for.

Is that the sound of gunfire :question: :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

russjp:

Coffeeholic:

Muttzknuttz:

Is that the sound of gunfire :question: :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ROG is getting too much stuff correct these days so I do need another victim. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Fallmonk said

Quick question if he doesnt have a CPC , how can he be the TMâ– â– ?

As Peirre said, the CPC holder could oversee a non qualified Transport Manager, but if it goes wrong it will be the CPC holder answering to the Traffic Commissioner.
Alternatively, the company may be ‘own account,’ in which case they can hold a ‘Resticted’ licence and don’t need a CPC holder. Never quite understood that one as their is no size limit on the fleet and they can run abroad as well :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Fallmonk:
Quick question if he doesnt have a CPC , how can he be the TMâ– â– ? :question:

As far as I have had it explained to me, its something to do with the fact that we only transport our own product.

Coffeeholic:

russjp:

Coffeeholic:

Muttzknuttz:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ROG is getting too much stuff correct these days so I do need another victim. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

That`s exactly why i said nothing :wink: