OK, The Burning Question(s)

Where’s RobK■■?

And how’s Convoy doing with class 1■■?

Rob will be reading this post :smiley:

Yeah, haven’t heard from him in ages, what crazy antics is he up to now and why did he stop posting anyway, because he stopped truck driving?

Welcome back theghostofcain :smiley: .
Class 1 as been steady but I have
learned a lot from the jobs I have
done and consider myself quite
lucky as some drivers older than
me and passed there class 1
around the same time haven’t done
any class 1 work. I am waiting to hear
if I have a permanent job this month
through an agency contract but if I don’t
hear anything then I will start looking myself.

How is work where you are :question: .

convoy:
Welcome back theghostofcain :smiley: .
Class 1 as been steady but I have
learned a lot from the jobs I have
done and consider myself quite
lucky as some drivers older than
me and passed there class 1
around the same time haven’t done
any class 1 work. I am waiting to hear
if I have a permanent job this month
through an agency contract but if I don’t
hear anything then I will start looking myself.

I’m glad you’ve been getting some work, did you reply back to Stobart’s?

How is work where you are :question: .

There is not a lot of work up this way, although it has picked up a bit in the last couple of months. I have been lucky since I got here as I have been in at the same company on agency, starting off with a few days a week & now on a 3 month contract, waiting to get taken on. When I got here I contacted all the local companies around but no-one was looking.

I did get a job working for Stagecoach, but decided against it. They would have put me through my PSV but the pay’s crap. They also wanted me to work in Aberdeen for minimum wage until all training (about 3 months worth) was done. I couldn’t afford it.

I got offered another job with a company that carries fish offal in bulkers. That didn’t sound too bad until he said ‘if you get into the yard and there are 8 trailers in, you will be expected to clean them all!’ . Yeah, I can see me up to my ankles in fish offal jet washing!

The job I’m currently on is about the easiest class 1 job ever. Hours are 8am til 5pm with optional over-time (they actually phone you and ask if you are available to work tonight!). It’s all flatbed work and we basically pick up anything from pipe to mini-containers of food to deliver to the oil rigs (via a big boat, obviously). I am based in Peterhead and some days I will get 2 trips to Aberdeen or Dyce. Other days I can be loading/unloading a boat on the quay. Most of the gear gets craned off the boat and forklifted onto the trucks, from there you drive a couple of hundred yards to get it forklifted off again (on the base, so no strapping down). Oh yeah, the forkies like their breaks too. 30mins in the morning, an hour (and a bit) for lunch and a further half hour in the afternoon. If the boats not in, you can be waiting in the canteen for a few hours.

I haven’t left Aberdeenshire since arriving and I’ve certainly not had any nights out :smiley:

Rob and I had a bit of an altercation in the chatroom one evening when I was having a night off and being Lucy the Person instead of Lucy the TruckNet Mug…er…Mod.

I think he must have either not realised that I was speaking for myself or taken what I said (and I did let loose on him, to be fair, but then I’d spent all afternoon pacifying people he’d upset again) personally, because he hasn’t posted using that particular username since.

I guess he decided TNUK wasn’t for him. It happens. Life goes on.

Lucy:
Rob and I had a bit of an altercation in the chatroom one evening when I was having a night off and being Lucy the Person instead of Lucy the TruckNet Mug…er…Mod.

I think he must have either not realised that I was speaking for myself or taken what I said (and I did let loose on him, to be fair, but then I’d spent all afternoon pacifying people he’d upset again) personally, because he hasn’t posted using that particular username since.

I guess he decided TNUK wasn’t for him. It happens. Life goes on.

Ah! I did wonder :wink:

theghostofcain:
I’m glad you’ve been getting some work, did you reply back to Stobart’s?

I contacted stobart’s and there was a few
jobs left at the time but nothing come of it.
I contacted a few company’s for class 1 or
2 and only got 1 interview + driving assessment
with salvesen and then they had operational
changes within the depot and the vacancy got
put on hold and they said they will contact me
when a position arises.

I liked Rob, although he was a little blunt I believe that’s standard for folk from Yorkshire and he always contributed a lot. I believe he is still on other forums (fora?) though particularly the one with the naff colour background.

I quite liked him too, in a love/hate kind of a way, although he can’t stand me. Again, classically for Yorkshire-folk, they find it hard to cope when another Yorkshireman/woman comes along and is blunt straight back at them. Guilty here again too. :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ps. Yes, I am a Yorkshirewoman, I’m exiled to Smoggyland right now. :cry:

I think we should start a ‘Come Back Rob’ campaign. I’ll get the T-shirts printed.

Seriously though, I had some arguments with him but nothing was really meant of it and I certainly didn’t take it personally. If we were all the same…etc etc All adds colour etc etc

I’ll second the get RobK back campaign. OK he was blunt, and probably rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way, and he was a Yorkie after all, but boy did he ever get some long running and interesting sagas going on and on. I know some people will say he got too personal with his views, and maybe overstepped the rules once or twice - or maybe more, but he certainly made for some interesting debates. I think even some of the people on here who felt the wrong edge of his tongue would like to see him back to continue his very individual style of debate.
Where are you Rob?

There is no need for a campaign, Rob is totally free to post on here if he wishes. However Rob has issues with the way this site is ran, the people who run it and it’s rules. However unlike some users who complain about it at every opportunity but still use it regardless, Rob is sensible enough to know that if he doesn’t like or agree with TruckNet no one is forcing him to use it. As a result he uses forums that are more aligned with his way of thinking. Makes sense to me.