Ok stupid question

So I have seen many people talking about doing an average 60 hr week for £■■■ pw. I always thought you had to average 48 hrs pw does that not include POA?

I only ask because my company doesn’t recognise POA you average 48hrs over 17 weeks for driving and other work.

Be grateful you work for a proper company.

Too many work for poor pay and then fiddle all the hours they can on POA to make a just about passable wage.

I’m not driving at the moment, I used to work in the transport department at co-op Nottingham. To be fair they are decent to work for I won’t transfer onto driving from warehouse because I want my redundancy next year and Im re locating to East Anglia and the drivers are not being offered redundancy.

Cat C drivers get 29k a year for their 48hrs pw and C+E get around 31k for their 48hrs pw.
No POA no 6 day weeks. Shame Im moving really as I know I want get A cat C driving job on £29,600 a year when I leave.

NewLad:
So I have seen many people talking about doing an average 60 hr week for £■■■ pw. I always thought you had to average 48 hrs pw does that not include POA?

I only ask because my company doesn’t recognise POA you average 48hrs over 17 weeks for driving and other work.

No, the only hours that count for the WTD and the 48hr average are working time. Breaks and PoA don’t get included.

So your employers are actually going by the true spirit that the WTD was meant to be before the RHA managed to bludgeon the govt into giving a concession in the form of PoA, thus making the WTD worthless and robbing UK lorry drivers of a decent wage.

NewLad:
Cat C drivers get 29k a year for their 48hrs pw and C+E get around 31k for their 48hrs pw.
No POA no 6 day weeks. Shame Im moving really as I know I want get A cat C driving job on £29,600 a year when I leave.

I’ve tried to get on the Co-op in Nottingham but I REFUSE to work for agencies EVER again. Do you know if they’ll be recruiting direct when Castlewood (Jnc 28) opens?

Will it be circa £29k? I heard most are on £24kish nowadays !

Chas:

NewLad:

I’ve tried to get on the Co-op in Nottingham but I REFUSE to work for agencies EVER again. Do you know if they’ll be recruiting direct when Castlewood (Jnc 28) opens?

Will it be circa £29k? I heard most are on £24kish nowadays !

I would have thought they will be taking on for castlewood the o licence they have applied for is for ■■■■ loads of vehicles. All the jobs advertised at other depots are for 29k for cat C and its a national agreement so I would have thought it would be the same as their contract isn’t changing.

Maybe the 24k your on about is for a 40hr week which I know some people have.