Oilfield drivers in canada<truckstop news august 2011>

hi all did anybody see the advertisement in truckstop news for oilfield drivers with rj hoffman?ive sent an email enquiry and it looks pretty good.do any of you guys in canada know anything about this type of work.thanks for your help

Turn and run away as fast as you can :exclamation: :exclamation: :
britishexpats.com/forum/showthre … RJ+Hoffman

I can never understand why men who have lives in the UK, which believe me is a good place to live regardless of what you all think when you live there, want to give it all up and take a very risky chance on moving to a place where 90% of you all couldn’t last a week because you think life there would be better or just for the thought of driving an American truck :question:
these jobs are offered because locals don’t want to do them, can’t any of you understand that :question:

If you seriously think you want to work over this side of the pond do it properly, find a good reputation company that helps with imigration, has a good record of pay and conditions etc … ask one of the guys here who have made the move and don’t get trapped by this sort of false dream.

Same here in Australia,Trucking companies placce recruiting ads in New Zealand,The Philippines etc for truckers jobs Down Under with incredible wealth and living standards.
As an example a company well known heavy advertiser for staff(Alarm Bells instantly activated)an article in a major Australian newpaper of a bloke 26 years old driving for ■■■ trucking making AUD$120,000.00+ a year for maximim of 50 hours work a week,average wage in Australia is AUD$60,000.00.
They were complaining of Lazy Australians who won’t work,Mmmmmmmm,this sounds to good to be true.Contact recruiting of ■■■ and was informed"Wageis FLAT $25.00 per hour,Road Train X 3 Trailers ofexplosives, arrange all accomodation etc at your cost"When I queried that $25 X 50 Hours doesn’t really add up"The article might have exagerated a little bit"
They con people to pack up and move International and when you are here you get ripped off-what are you going to do?Go home?And they prey on that.
Also,if the job is that good,you would never advertise would you,and certainly Offshore!

Any company that has to advertise for staff in a different continent is hardly going to be a good job is it :bulb:

I would say that if you really want to move to Canada, Australia or wherever, that starting at one of these companies to get in to the country of your choice is not a bad way to go, but be prepared to put up with a lorry load of crap until you move to a decent job. :wink:

If you’re tempted by the big trucks and advertised wages, prepare to be disappointed, companies that need to advertise locally are not so good, we all know the best jobs are filled by word of mouth, so the best jobs go before they get anywhere near a local paper, so when a company has advertised, locally, then in the province, then the whole country and then half way around the world, yet it still can’t fill the positions, something must be wrong somewhere :bulb:

It’s not like many Brits have experience of working in the Canadian Oilfields or carrying explosives on roadtrains in The Outback :unamused:

Rightly said Mark.
Companies such as Swifts and Yanke have such bad reputations for drivers conditions that they can’t get locals to work for them.
Down here you take Swifts or J B Hunt as a last resort.

thanks for your advice guys

Agreed but i have to say, my mate is on the oilfields and he is loving it. making loads of money and say enough about it.It all depends on you. Sod the agencies, there all rip off merchants. there are companies involved in the immigration programme, one is westcan. another kelsey transport. He makes 2000 dollors aweek

Hi all,
This thread has come at the right time, my other half and I went to a seminar last night in Coventry held by Brazolot. He gave the speeches etc and it looked good so far. I went today to meet 2 of the the firms hiring and they seemed good, genuine job offers. The thing that struck me was the difference in wages been offered, it was huge. The 2 companies were Bulk Carriers in Prince Edward Island and The Alliance Group in Edmunton, dont know if you know anything regarding these companies but and heres the but we paid last night £10 to get into the seminar, £20 to have our application looked at and to meet the companies today and when I had my one to one with the immigration guy he presented me with a breakdown of charges for me, my partner and our twin boys to get into Canada, be given residency and a job a total of £6836.00
I almost fell on the floor and it did seem as though someone had burst my balloon really deflated but look on the brightside weve seen one way of getting in now we just look at it again and try another. Any advice you have would be really appreciated. As to anyone else who goes to one of these seminars dont be put off by what I just said for £5 each to go it was worth it as it explained somethings well and was quite informative but just not for us but that dosnt mean its not for anyone else.

SCANNYFROG:
Hi all,
This thread has come at the right time, my other half and I went to a seminar last night in Coventry held by Brazolot. He gave the speeches etc and it looked good so far. I went today to meet 2 of the the firms hiring and they seemed good, genuine job offers. The thing that struck me was the difference in wages been offered, it was huge. The 2 companies were Bulk Carriers in Prince Edward Island and The Alliance Group in Edmunton, dont know if you know anything regarding these companies but and heres the but we paid last night £10 to get into the seminar, £20 to have our application looked at and to meet the companies today and when I had my one to one with the immigration guy he presented me with a breakdown of charges for me, my partner and our twin boys to get into Canada, be given residency and a job a total of £6836.00
I almost fell on the floor and it did seem as though someone had burst my balloon really deflated but look on the brightside weve seen one way of getting in now we just look at it again and try another. Any advice you have would be really appreciated. As to anyone else who goes to one of these seminars dont be put off by what I just said for £5 each to go it was worth it as it explained somethings well and was quite informative but just not for us but that dosnt mean its not for anyone else.

We used Brazolot when we moved to Calgary (Oct 2007 ) they didn,t get me a job, I,d found that for myself. Yes it is a lot and it does seam they don,t do much but all the paperwork has been done from start to PR cards and they will do right up to citzenship for the wife and me and 3 kids all over 18 now . If you want anymore info email me and i,ll fill in any gaps that i can or just look at all on here who have moved

Cheers Boatchaser any info would be good. Weve had a good chat family wise and I think Im going to have a look job wise myself then sort out the rest with Brazolot and come over myself first for 6 months see how things go then the tribe can follow so its job hunting time.

SCANNYFROG:
Cheers Boatchaser any info would be good. Weve had a good chat family wise and I think Im going to have a look job wise myself then sort out the rest with Brazolot and come over myself first for 6 months see how things go then the tribe can follow so its job hunting time.

Can you believe that we can,t keep shunters we pay 15-19$ hr and we are always short and are local paper is always wanting lots of drivers

SCANNYFROG:
Hi all,

you will be be given residency!!!?
There is no way on earth that they can say that as a fact!
Please be careful about giving people false hope.