Oil delivery is this a scam meter failed to print

hey guys

just came home from work to find the wife had ordered some home heating oil I’m a bit miffed to say the least
looking at the docket I notice that my details and the date where printed on the docket along with 0 litres
but on further inspection I notice the time of the delivery was missing along with the amount of litres delivered
this was added by hand using a pen.I was not in the house at the time of the delivery so the only proof I have is the drivers word
can someone explain is it possible to get a hard copy from the meter on board the tanker
I’m new to this forum but any help would be much appreciated

hughst:
hey guys

just came home from work to find the wife had ordered some home heating oil I’m a bit miffed to say the least
looking at the docket I notice that my details and the date where printed on the docket along with 0 litres
but on further inspection I notice the time of the delivery was missing along with the amount of litres delivered
this was added by hand using a pen.I was not in the house at the time of the delivery so the only proof I have is the drivers word
can someone explain is it possible to get a hard copy from the meter on board the tanker
I’m new to this forum but any help would be much appreciated

Hi hughst,

I’ve moved your post to a forum in which I think it can best be discussed. :smiley:

Check your tank still has some oil in, my mate lives out in the sticks near Norwich and one afternoon last year the tanker arrived and his missus let them get on thinking they were doing a delivering but they drained the tank of oil and drove off , did 3 houses in the same area and nobody questioned them

Have you got a remote (watchman)meter in the house?

Ring up the company saying your delivery note states 0 litres…so has you haven’t had anything delivered so you won’t be paying.
Bet they will come up with some proof of delivery, or the driver on the scam !!

The tanker will print a ticket on completion of delivery, however there are many reasons it wouldn’t work. Ring the company and ask them what happened. They can’t charge you for something thier own paperwork says you haven’t had, so it’s in thier interest to sort it out. If the driver wanted to scam you, he’d say you had more than what he’d put in and keep the rest for himself. Used to be pretty common round these parts.