Oh no, the warehouse have got me :roll:

Got a couple of days in the warehouse through agency out of a certain Crisp Merchants :cry: as they’ve got nothing in. I suppose I shouldn’t really complain 'cause they’re keeping me in work and paying me the same rates, but I hope they stick me in a corner with something, let me get on with it and leave me alone. If they chase me round the warehouse - someone’s going to get it in the neck :laughing: . I’ve told them this :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: I don’t think the warehouse manager’s relishing the prospect either :grimacing:. I’m dreading the next couple of days - I hate being inside, but it’s better than not working at all :unamused: .

How far do you normally travel to work because my agency could probably help you out?

'Bout half an hour each way LadyT, I’ll have to honour it now, 'cause I’ve agreed to it (my point of view - not their’s) but thanks for the offer. Where can they run me from?

Magna Park, I am not sure how far they go towards you they are based in Tamworth but Gary is a good lad and there is no warehouse work! :laughing:

Lib if its the certain crisp manufacture im thinking of in Leicester (Walkers) i saw adverts on the back of their trucks last week looking for drivers.

http://www.walkerscareers.co.uk/loadads/pdfs/a5654.pdf They are advertising here.

If Newark is not too far for you i could have you driving with a local agency tomorrow if you want just pm me and ill give you the guys number hes got contracts in Grantham too, Very regular work and whenever you want it too.

It just beggars belief that a company of this magnitude has no (driving) work drifting through to your agency esp. as they are located on site too?

We are supposed to be in a golden corridor down the E.Midlands way where drivers are concerned. A few more irons need putting in the fire maybe Libbo?

Not to mention the fact that everytime I check the job supplement my face usually looks like… :open_mouth: when I check agency rates out.

What’s the crack here then? Don’t believe all you read in the papers :question: :exclamation: 18nicker/hr at the weekend but we’ll only have work one weekend in ten for you :confused:

settles down to the first day of his 3wk 4day holiday ahhh…

Big thanks to Jammy, Saxone and LadyT. For some stupid reason Tuesday is normally a quiet day, but their were five of us in the warehouse and as far as I know the agency have just lost five drivers as their were other spot hire drivers from this agency out driving :smiling_imp: . Checked the fire register in the gatehouse on my way in :open_mouth: :smiley: :unamused: . Me? I’ll probably be doing plant for Widdowsons/trunking for TDG out of Coalville for Leicester based agency if I can squeeze the assesment in on Friday, unless they come back with a profuse apolgy and up the rates :wink: .

The problem with the adverts Saxone, is it’s all done through the agency for the first six months - who will take you on anyway and tell you their’s no work when they do - typical agency. It gurantees you so much a week, but they still lay you off if they don’t want you, even on contract :unamused: . That and Walkers pee you about no end like they do their own drivers why do you think they’ve got loads of jobs about? That and it’s comming up tho Christmas.

As it is, I’ve had as much as I can stand of being indoors. I threatened to drop one bloke about 1 o’clock, so they sent me for an extended lunch and told him to wind his neck in. I’ve told the agency not to book me next week and I’m not doing any more warehouse. Was nice to bump into Trevor Parry this morning though :wink: .