Oh no not again!

Am I the first driver that has to do the drivers c.p.c valid from September 2019,the company i work for want’s us to do one module a year. Can’t i just leave it like i did last time and do five days in the classroom a couple of weeks before the deadline

I work for DHL and they pay us to do it and pay for the course, 1 module a year. Prefer that rather than sitting for 5 days getting bored to death.

Sounds mad to do it 5 days in a row. Do one day a year and if you can do it on a sunday i found the trainer likes to get done quick.

Many of the big fleets will programme one day per year per driver, (probably) more so than last 5 year cycle as it minimises the amount of drivers off the road at one time. i.e. 100 drivers require 100 training days per year - even if they leave it for year one that annual requirement doubles and so on and so on… Some will have learnt from last cycle - while some will again leave it until last minute.com

One day per year can be a good way of achieving DCPC but then again it’s not for everyone, some may incorporate 21 hours credit into an ADR course somewhere in the 5 year ‘window’ - which is a much better proposition, especially if ADR is needed for your current role!!!

I was looking at taking my dcpc course soon after D (cpc) Day but after realising the rates are actually less than I am on now, I decided to leave it. I will probably do a day a year rather than the mad rush to the last chance saloon which is where a lot of drivers ended up last time round.

My plan is to do 1 day a year and since i will off work for around 6 months recovering from a cancer op i,ll do a day maybe even two in that time as it makes sense to