Oh God its digi tachos again

A couple of days ago I put my tacho card in as usual. Said yes I want to insert manual entries and changed the mode to other work, then I saw that it would only offer me the current time and date to change not my previous finish time and there was no way to get back there. I just ok’ed everthing and when it came to accept changes I said no and went back to the start it came up with today again with no way of going back.
The only thing I can think of that would cause this was that in UTC time I was on the same day as I had finished on, 12:30 utc finish 23:55 utc start. I have never had this problem before and have been using this type of tacho regularly (the one where you input mode before changing dates and times) and this one has completely stumped me.
The big problem is that after the second attempt to input my manual entry I went to ask for advice and of course the ■■■■■■ tacho decided that since I was not paying attention it would say that I had done 13 hours other work since I last finished. I printed out the previous and that days work and did a manual entry to explain what had happened so I was covered if pulled by Mr VOSA.
Can anyone explain what went wrong and tell me how to avoid this happening again?

schrodingers cat:
A couple of days ago I put my tacho card in as usual. Said yes I want to insert manual entries and changed the mode to other work, then I saw that it would only offer me the current time and date to change not my previous finish time and there was no way to get back there. I just ok’ed everthing and when it came to accept changes I said no and went back to the start it came up with today again with no way of going back.
The only thing I can think of that would cause this was that in UTC time I was on the same day as I had finished on, 12:30 utc finish 23:55 utc start. I have never had this problem before and have been using this type of tacho regularly (the one where you input mode before changing dates and times) and this one has completely stumped me.
The big problem is that after the second attempt to input my manual entry I went to ask for advice and of course the [zb] tacho decided that since I was not paying attention it would say that I had done 13 hours other work since I last finished. I printed out the previous and that days work and did a manual entry to explain what had happened so I was covered if pulled by Mr VOSA.
Can anyone explain what went wrong and tell me how to avoid this happening again?

I’ve had that ( over a full weekend rest ) hence why I always put mine on rest on removal of the card and before I put it back in it just saves all the hassle of carrying printouts if it has a hissy fit :wink:

Why could you not just set it to crossed hammers then wind the time back to your finish time and hit ok. It would then give you another entry starting with the current time. Set it to rest or ? and wind that back to your start time followed by the current time on crossed hammers.

nick2008:

schrodingers cat:
The big problem is that after the second attempt to input my manual entry I went to ask for advice and of course the [zb] tacho decided that since I was not paying attention it would say that I had done 13 hours other work since I last finished. I printed out the previous and that days work and did a manual entry to explain what had happened so I was covered if pulled by Mr VOSA.

I’ve had that ( over a full weekend rest ) hence why I always put mine on rest on removal of the card and before I put it back in it just saves all the hassle of carrying printouts if it has a hissy fit :wink:

That’s a good idea but then you have to account for the other work you do while handing the keys and paperwork back etc.

Terry T:
Why could you not just set it to crossed hammers then wind the time back to your finish time and hit ok. It would then give you another entry starting with the current time. Set it to rest or ? and wind that back to your start time followed by the current time on crossed hammers.

Wish I’d thought of that it would have made life easier maybe I wouldn’t have been hauled up by the Gestapo.

But surely to have finished the previous shift properly I would have had to have put in the country I finished in as part of the signing off process, this way would not have let me do it. So it still would not be strictly legal.

schrodingers cat:

Terry T:

Wish I’d thought of that it would have made life easier maybe I wouldn’t have been hauled up by the Gestapo.

But surely to have finished the previous shift properly I would have had to have put in the country I finished in as part of the signing off process, this way would not have let me do it. So it still would not be strictly legal.

It asks where you taking card out when removing when it asks also if you want a printout
And yes you still need to do a manual the way I do it but at least it shows your rest :wink:

You have to state the country when you eject the card so you’ll already have done that surely ?

It sounds to me like you’ve put it on crossed hammers and then input the current time which adds on whatever you did last shift to the erroneous other work manual entry you just did for your daily rest.

We’ve all been there :smiley: