oh dear

philgor:
i can see why it took 13hrs to get it moved, can anyone see the kingpin on the trailer…

Good point, from this photo it looks like it has been ripped clean out, along with a dinner-plate piece of the mounting plate. That shouldn’t happen, no matter how ■■■■■■ you are! :stuck_out_tongue:

philgor:
i can see why it took 13hrs to get it moved, can anyone see the kingpin on the trailer…

it took 13 hours because the police and council were investigating if the roundabout played a part in tipping him over. even when they were building that roundabout it has been truck unfriendly and it was only a matter of time before a calamity happend

This video shows part of the problem

It’s just a bad design

Was it on the r/about at the new Asda? whoever designed and measured that out should be bulled dry, it’s impossible to keep your trailer within these lines without straddling them, anybody who says they can is a better driver than me.

rearaxle:
Bet his firm EFS won’t be too pleased with him
thecourier.co.uk/news/local/ … y-1.336326

My fella used to work there, he recognises the truck, also looking at the picture where they are talking to the driver, he thought he recognised him too, but then looking at the story he doesn’t know the name.

scotstrucker:
i would also think that his current employer will now be getting a visit from the dvsa too see if they could have prevented this from happening

An investigation might just pull up a few more things too!

bobbya:

damoq:
Hope he never drives professionally again.

Why??

You aren’t seriously asking why are you?

Three times over the DD limit and in charge of a truck.

A car would be bad enough, a truck is unforgivable and shows a total lack of regard for his own and other peoples life’s.

If truck drivers want to be regarded as professionals they have to act accordingly

robroy:
Was it on the r/about at the new Asda? whoever designed and measured that out should be bulled dry, it’s impossible to keep your trailer within these lines without straddling them, anybody who says they can is a better driver than me.

yep thats the one, it was pointed out too them by a few hauliers at the time they were building it but the complaints fell on deaf ears as usual.

I thought the pin was missing as well. Doesn’t excuse what he has done. That roundabout is a joke, adverse cambers & tight lanes. Priority is set for Asda by the way the lights run and not thru traffic. Needs another major overhaul because of Transport Scotland’s planners

I can not see what all the fuss is about.He has only broken the nearside mirror. :smiley:

scotstrucker:

robroy:

yep thats the one, it was pointed out too them by a few hauliers at the time they were building it but the complaints fell on deaf ears as usual.

The guys that designed this are like the knobs that plan truck parking areas in msa.s, no bloody common sense, they should all be sacked for incompetence. The MSA parking spaces are either too narrow, too tight to get in and out of, or are only able to be parked in by a blind side reverse.

I went passed it, the kingpin was still in the jaws of the fith wheel.

robroy:

scotstrucker:

robroy:

The guys that designed this are like the knobs that plan truck parking areas in msa.s, no bloody common sense, they should all be sacked for incompetence. The MSA parking spaces are either too narrow, too tight to get in and out of, or are only able to be parked in by a blind side reverse.

it’s all computer programme now and it’s never wrong.

And some on here moan when plod have a crackdown on truck drivers.

I fully agree that nobody should drive a truck when they are three times the drink-drive limit, or even when they have been drinking any alcohol at all, but this accident didn’t happen because the driver had been drinking. Look, the kingpin has completely sheared off of the trailer plate.

I haven’t seen a word of criticism about somebody who would operate a trailer in this condition.

Harry Monk:
I fully agree that nobody should drive a truck when they are three times the drink-drive limit, or even when they have been drinking any alcohol at all, but this accident didn’t happen because the driver had been drinking. Look, the kingpin has completely sheared off of the trailer plate.

I haven’t seen a word of criticism about somebody who would operate a trailer in this condition.

That’s because no-one has determined the reason for that to happen.

Could be the driver took the wrong trailer due to being ■■■■■■■ Maybe it was already quarantined.

If not you can get VOSA will be investigating.

What we do know is that he was three times over the DD limit

anyone caught drink driving should never drive again regardless of circumstance

Harry Monk:

To be fair Harry how often does any driver crawl under every trailer and have a look before picking one up, when was the last time you looked at a pin ■■