Oh dear,had Theory and HPT

…test today and I have…

paaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssed!!!
So it’s a dissappointing moment for the experienced drivers,I’ll be just another annoying new driver getting in the way :laughing:
I was surprised that the questions weren’t more towards the latest book. I was expecting questions about the Active Traffic Management,the 3/60 acuity and the dolly knot etc. I got 96 out of 100 correct. I got 1 question each out of the sections The Driver,The Road,Vehicle Condition and Accident handling. So if you’ve had an accident,and I come along,you are buggered… just joking :smiley:
The HPT…well,it just shows what muppets are out there. I did question myself whether they were staged. For example,one pedestrian with mobile to his ear,just runs out to the zebra crossing and doesn’t even check first :angry: .And two girls coming out of the farm yard with horses (dismounted) just walk out into the road and didn’t even check for traffic.
Some people are just a danger to themselves :unamused: That’s why I never let passengers off at the traffic lights when they ask,they are just too much of a liability

**WELL DONE ON PASSING YOUR THEORY** :D :smiley: :smiley: **WELL DONE ON PASSING YOUR THEORY** :D :smiley: :smiley: **WELL DONE ON PASSING YOUR THEORY** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

thanks Rog. My next hurdle will the handling of the truck.

Well done on the pass

Well done on the pass!
I’m just waiting for my licence to come back so i can book my theory so not too far behind you. I notice you’re in Middleton…who have you signed up with for training? if you don’t mind me asking

Robster_1981:
I notice you’re in Middleton…who have you signed up with for training? if you don’t mind me asking

ROG:
To book any LGV training I suggest the trainee-to-be, visits the training school, meets the head person(s) and has a quick look at the truck BEFORE parting with any money.

K27:
Oh dear,already sorted that out… I kept on dithering in which company to go with,so I just thought sod it,go with Stockportlgv and get it sorted.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Congratulations K27 on passing the Theory, onwards and upwards as they say. This Forum is an excellent resource for information & help just ask & someone will answer you. Well Done :smiley:

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS K27 :smiley: :smiley:

Robster_1981:
I notice you’re in Middleton…who have you signed up with for training? if you don’t mind me asking

Hi Robster,
I don’t mind you asking. At the moment I am with Stockportlgv,I’ve just had a 2 hour assesment,so it may change.
Who have you chosen?

K27:
Hi Robster,
I don’t mind you asking. At the moment I am with Stockportlgv,I’ve just had a 2 hour assesment,so it may change.
Who have you chosen?

I’m also with these and i’m pretty happy with them so far, I’ve kind of been fast tracked through since I passed my theory last Wednesday, I had my first tuition day yesterday and my test this Tuesday :open_mouth:

I found the training hard work, but I loved every minute of it!! just a lot to take in. I found the most difficult part to be how much room you need at junctions and roundabouts, and I made a few silly errors with the gears like trying to change down from 6th to 5th with the switch in low range :blush: The part I was most unsure about was the reversing, but I actually found it very straight forward.

I would definately recommend them to anybody in the area, all the instructors seem friendly and very experienced in the industry :slight_smile:

Robster_1981:
I passed my theory last Wednesday

Good stuff,well done!!! I bet you got sick of reading the book,like me :smiley: I thought it was a bit cheeky to ask for the book back,even though I paid for it.

Robster_1981:
I had my first tuition day yesterday and my test this Tuesday :open_mouth:

Wow! That’s fast. So you’ve had your assesment?

Robster_1981:
I found the training hard work, but I loved every minute of it!! just a lot to take in.

Oh yeh,it’s challenging,I can’t wait to get back in.

Robster_1981:
I found the most difficult part to be how much room you need at junctions and roundabouts

Well I suspect you are coming from a Cat B licence,so that’s expected. Whereas I’m acquainted with size through driving buses

Robster_1981:
and I made a few silly errors with the gears like trying to change down from 6th to 5th with the switch in low range :blush:

that’s what I’ve been doing. My shortfall is,when knowing to use the correct gear

Robster_1981:
I would definately recommend them to anybody in the area, all the instructors seem friendly and very experienced in the industry :slight_smile:

Oh yeh,fantastic atmosphere. I suppose I should stay with them. It’s just the refresher/retest costs if I fail. I was speaking to my neighbours son,and he did with Sterling. He failed his C&E,but cost him just £100 or so for the admin costs.