Oh bales..

m.nottinghampost.com/dramatic-fo … story.html

This is the heart-stopping moment a lorry carrying bales of hay overturned as it took a corner too fast and narrowly avoided a catastrophic collision."

New undercrackers time :laughing:

The only time I ever get scared on the road is when I’m being overtaken by one of those :laughing:
Aren’t those trucks a bit fancy for hay shifting? Don’t think I’ve ever seen a hay truck that wasn’t a 1980’s Volvo

I used to do occasional hay jobs a long time ago and it can be tricky. If the hay has been stored for a while in an open shed/ canopy area and it’s been raining, the rain seeps down into the lower bales and when the lorry is loaded the lighter bales go on first (from the top of the pile) and the heavier, rain soaked ones go on top of them.

Never lost a load though thankfully.

I would of got out of my car and say"Hay what did you do that for"…I know,comedy genius :smiley:

xichrisxi:
I would of got out of my car and say"Hay what did you do that for"…I know,comedy genius :smiley:

That might be the last straw :laughing:

youtu.be/n2UGgliSUs0

The driver was pushing on a bit.

Is that a roundabout he’s just come off?

A17 slip off the A1 northbound at Newark.

Hmm not even got a full load on and still loses it.

Straps worked a treat then :unamused:

I’m sure I heard it’s £100 per item not strapped down - might need a mortgage to pay the bill on this one! Can’t see a single ■■■■■■■■ there at all, so god knows how they expected the bales to actually stay on at any corner, never mind those tight ones of which there are plenty near Newark. Wonder how long it took to clear it up, or did they just employ the local sheep?

It’s not even hay… It’s STRAW!!!

Queue the puns now…

And I wonder what his mate was thinking when he pulled up behind him…

At the end of the video, you see the top of the bales on another truck come to a stop…

trevHCS:
I’m sure I heard it’s £100 per item not strapped down - might need a mortgage to pay the bill on this one! Can’t see a single ■■■■■■■■ there at all, so god knows how they expected the bales to actually stay on at any corner, never mind those tight ones of which there are plenty near Newark. Wonder how long it took to clear it up, or did they just employ the local sheep?

I saw at least 3 blue straps. One on the front row, and the last two. Couldn’t make out any others. One flashed across the screen just before the last row hit the deck

trevHCS:
I’m sure I heard it’s £100 per item not strapped down - might need a mortgage to pay the bill on this one! Can’t see a single ■■■■■■■■ there at all, so god knows how they expected the bales to actually stay on at any corner,

Would you like the phone number for Specsavers in brail or text to speech?

He was tanking it as he came off the A1. He wasn’t even on the slip road when he decided to turn into the junction. I watched it all unfold as I was going south. That’s me in the background right at the end of the video on the southbound carriage way with the red trailer.

Probably trying to show the other bloke how to keep 'er lit.

Looks like it was leaning before bend or is it my eyes

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tut, full time employees.

discoman:

Let me highlight that for you :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You just cant get the staff these days :unamused: . :wink:
Burke in a Merc that wanted to play a game of straw pickups .

trux:

discoman:

Let me highlight that for you :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You just cant get the staff these days :unamused: . :wink:
Burke in a Merc that wanted to play a game of straw pickups .

Lol, thanks for that. Just assumed it was a full timer, it was clean no dog ends or chipped wind screens … the driver had no hi vis on … and I didn’t see a carrier bag come out of the window as it tipped :laughing: