Officially got my licences... But!

Finally passed and got my Cat C and CPC. Now I’m trying to get a job and everyone wants 6 months to 2 years experience! I’m in the Coventry area, does anyone know any companies looking to take on new pass drivers as all the agencies are not. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Load your car up with hi-vis and night out bag. Dress clean and smart but not suit and tie. Make sure you’ve got your licence/cpc with you and go banging on doors. One will open but you may well have to persist.

Work isn’t normally advertised; it’s really down to you to do the legwork.

Don’t try and shortcut by firing off dozens of cv’s by email. This rarely works.

But the personal approach does.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Petes advice is always sound! And you’d do well to listen to it. I got my 1st start 5 weeks ago by doing exactly as he said by banging directly on the door and meeting them face to face. Worked a treat and I’m very happy in my new cat c job. Good luck you’ll get there.

I met up with TM of a local company to me, granted through a connection, but like others he said… come down a bring all your cards with you and we will have a chat. He warned there was nothing yet but I went down to meet him and he’s took clots odd all my documents and says he will keep me in mind when he needs some cover… this company may be expanding soon so at least I have half a door in the door! When I get my C+E I’ll be back there to update my details.

My only issue I have with knocking from door to door is I feel it’s rude just to show up unannounced… but it seems to be the way here!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

:smiley: :smiley:

Mistiek:
I met up with TM of a local company to me, granted through a connection, but like others he said… come down a bring all your cards with you and we will have a chat. He warned there was nothing yet but I went down to meet him and he’s took clots odd all my documents and says he will keep me in mind when he needs some cover… this company may be expanding soon so at least I have half a door in the door! When I get my C+E I’ll be back there to update my details.

My only issue I have with knocking from door to door is I feel it’s rude just to show up unannounced… but it seems to be the way here!

Wow… 6 weeks of being ill… 10 days of little sleep and I can’t type and spell…

How long after you got your licence. I passed last Friday and still haven’t received my driving licence. I got my cpc card and tachograph but no licence. I contacted an agency and they are dying to have drivers but this one thing is holding me back.

Kasim2k3:
How long after you got your licence. I passed last Friday and still haven’t received my driving licence. I got my cpc card and tachograph but no licence. I contacted an agency and they are dying to have drivers but this one thing is holding me back.

Takes about a week. The agencies want 6 months to 2 years driving experience. Good luck

Had all mine (C only) since Feb but can’t get a start, admit I only want casual weekend or bank hols! Perhaps I will try knocking on doors! Some seem interested if CE but can’t afford that yet till I’ve got some money back on this one. Hey ho if anyone knows anywhere taking casual C or C1 I’m ya man :slight_smile: