Official TomTom SD card for trucks

ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-TomTo … 2a37259fd2

any good in a cheaper model TomTom, or better off getting a 5150?

What it doesn’t tell you is whether it would work with your current unit’s Navcore, which I very much suspect it won’t because the truck Navcore is specific. The Navcore is the operating system, a bit like Windows if you like, and if it isn’t compatible with the map, then it won’t work.

The other thing to think about as well, is that once you have bought this, there will be no updates free whereas with the 5150, TT offer free updates for the life of the unit. I know, because that’s what I have.

Bite the bullet and get the 5150, and then the speed camera database on pocketgpsworld.com/ as it’s superior to the TT one.

Ken.

The truck navcore comes on the SD card with the truck maps and your Tomtom will boot from the SD card. Current maps and navcore on the devise will not be changed.

It will work on GO 520, GO 720, GO 920, GO 530, GO 730, GO 930 and GO 7000.

I use it on a GO 730 and it works well.

If that is the case, it would be interesting to know which version of the Navcore they are using.

My guess it will be the old 8.398.

Ken.

Thanks Rew and Ken, i did wonder about the free updates with regards to the SD card.
The 910 i have been using since 2007 has served me very well but has no slot for an SD card.
I reckon a 5150 it is then.
Thanks again.

I actually do like my 5150.

Yes it’s not everyone’s cup of rosey lee, but I have used TT’s for years, so am used to their platform, and at the moment wouldn’t consider anyone elses product, so maybe I could be classed as biased.

However, I do find that they are not perfect, but which system is? That is the $64k question.

I still have my old TT One V3, which I update with new maps from time to time, and have just recently done that, and a similar unit for a guy in Glasgow, and the wife is currently out in the car with it, and she has a Garmin.

I do find TT’s easier to put poi’s on though as well. Perfect for 3rd party speed camera databases and stuff.

So you pays your wonga, and takes your choice.

Ken.

Shop around for it as well, as prices can vary.

Also make sure you get the free updates for life, and the one year cameras and live traffic with it. The live services can be renewed when needed, by also looking around t’internet for discount codes. Don’t pay TT’s full price.

Ken.

You can buy the SD card adaptor for the 910, although it involves removing the hard drive.
Easier just to to get a 710 from ebay.

For less hassle, buy the 5150, at least you’ll get official support.

Dav1d:
For less hassle, buy the 5150, at least you’ll get official support.

cheers, that is exactly what i did, should be here Tuesday.