"Officers"

At one time the only Officers were the police or those in the armed forces.
Nowadays we have traffic officers, enforcement officers, benefits officers,
council officers, security officers, tv licence officers etc. etc. etc.
Have all these “officers” sworn allegiance to Queen and country or is it just a
way of “bigging up” an otherwise crap job?

id imaging there called officers as they might not get away with putting"fanny" on their badges. :slight_smile:

An officer is a person who has a position of authority in an organization.
You dont need to swear allegiance to have it as a job title

dieseldog999:
id imaging there called officers as they might not get away with putting"fanny" on their badges.

lol :laughing:

Just a case of glorifying a job title, trying to make them sound more important than they actually are… think they use the term officer to imply they are in a position of power… must give them a little buzz but makes quite a lot of them power mad muppets

The biggest ones that use over blown titles are RSPCA. They do good work don’t get me wrong but they’ve caused many a mayhem on innocent people through false malicious reports. They dress as cops, use cop titles. Swan round talking to people like cops and have in the past illegally demanded entry onto a property. The hilarious thing is most people are under some sort of illusion they have powers, ha! They don’t they’re a charity and their “officers” are charity workers. They do good stuff though, minus the controversial.

James the cat:
They dress as cops, use cop titles. Swan round talking to people like cops and have in the past illegally demanded entry onto a property. The hilarious thing is most people are under some sort of illusion they have powers,

Bailiffs and security guards are the main ones…

The correct spelling is orificer :wink:

I worked in drainage for a little while, they used to try & call us engineers, total pish of course, at best we were operators, but that didn’t stop one chap putting that down as his job on an car insurance application. They refused him insurance saying he was trying to defraud them as he had no engineering qualifications.

I worked as a mortuary technician once upon at time… nothing technical about it,

Anyone remember the only fools and horses episode where Del got Rodney a job as a “nocternal security officer”?
Turned out he was a night watch man at a bus depot! Lol :laughing:

axletramp:
… or is it just a way of “bigging up” an otherwise crap job?

I had to be spoken to by an “officer” recently.

My crime was that cardboard had been spotted in the plastic and tins recycling box, so I was carpeted by a refuse disposal officer.

I’m sure they used to be called binmen.

Swampey2418:

James the cat:
They dress as cops, use cop titles. Swan round talking to people like cops and have in the past illegally demanded entry onto a property. The hilarious thing is most people are under some sort of illusion they have powers,

Bailiffs and security guards are the main ones…

if a bailiff turns up with a warrant then you cant stop him/her entering the property to do so is an offence.
security gaurds have no powers at all as they are only there as a deterrent and a glorified receptionist for some companies + having 1 on site 24/7 saves a few quid on insurance premium

I personally could not say to them,yes officer, no officer,not in my nature,its either mate or fella as far as I am concerned,if they do not like it,tough,how about we as hgv drivers call ourselves goods distribution technician or road logistics officer,might work,lol

if a bailiff turns up with a warrant then you cant stop him/her entering the property

But only High court sheriffs /bailifs can force entry legally , county court /certified bailiffs cannot force entry but can enter through a unlocked door or window, Also bailiffs chasing non commercial debt are unlikely to have said warrant , unless you have previously allowed the scumbags into your home, and they made an inventory of goods that they would remove should you fail to keep to any agreement made to pay , then they use something called a walk in possession order , which gives them the rights to remove said property

TV licencing (enforcement officers) are no more than TV licence salesmen , they have no powers and are employed by a private company CAPITA They also do not have TV detection equipment and have never did have they used empty comer vans with a big antenna on the roofs, to intimidate people into paying for the BBC

It’s the same with the litter gestapo that patrol the streets of some towns and cities , they have no legal powers either, they claim they do have, but they do not,

axletramp:

Last count 70% of British “workers” did office “work”
They produce nothing,they do nothing!

These people are parasites
eg I service a truck,I write out a service sheet,book time, parts and “consumables”
Next day 2 women re write this,File it and put it away.
Then every moth its “audited” by another 2 pen pushers and “Re Filed”

So from me servicing some truck for 2 hours we now have to pay 5 people.
And these pricks look down on me because I get my hands dirty.

So next time you get your truck/trailer serviced most of that 5/6/700 quid bill goes to pay some “officer” whose only input is to shuffle paper and up your bill by 300%.
But it keeps these muppets off the dole.

Bking:

axletramp:

eg I service a truck,I write out a service sheet,book time, parts and “consumables”

So next time you get your truck/trailer serviced most of that 5/6/700 quid bill goes to pay some “officer” whose only input is to shuffle paper and up your bill by 300%.

I would say to these people that if I didn’t get my hands dirty they would not have a job,same as driving,office staff would not have their job if we didn’t drive the company vehicles

truckman020:

Bking:

axletramp:

I would say to these people that if I didn’t get my hands dirty they would not have a job,same as driving,office staff would not have their job if we didn’t drive the company vehicles

Dont mind people being “employed” what really grips me is that the people at the sharp end be they drivers ,mechanics,engineers, bin men,care workers are viewed as “trash”.WE make the world go round,WE keep these pen pushing ■■■■■■■■ in a job and they have the audacity to look down on folk like you and me.

Bking:

Don’t always agree with everything you say but this is spot-on.

+1

Harry Monk:

Bking:

Don’t always agree with everything you say but this is spot-on.

I agreed with all of that, then I saw who the poster was, but still agree 100%