Off on my travels again

This time its to afghanistan :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Still KBR?

Theres a lad over the road from us who is working the Pakistan/Afghan border on close protection, and says the whole area is calming down, certainly not as frantic as it was. that said, Afghanistan is still a major step up from Iraq

Good luck and drive safe mate

Keep your head down Neil. Look forward to a diary or two. :wink:

Say hello to the lads and lasses from 4624 movements squadron from RAF Brize Norton who are out there.For security reasons i cant say where they are.My old unit.

Take care Neil , keep your head down mate, all the best,

toby1234abc:
Say hello to the lads and lasses from 4624 movements squadron from RAF Brize Norton who are out there.For security reasons i cant say where they are.My old unit.

Ahem, toby…

raf.mod.uk/rafreserves/squad … 97EB20B3DC

First paragraph mate!!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

But dont tell anyone else okâ– â– ? :wink: :wink:

SAC Mc`Cachlan served in South African army.Hope he does ok out there.Never met so many decent lasses and blokes on training courses.

Stay Safe Mate…Youre A Brave Guy.

look after your self out there mate be safe

Stay safe matey, but enjoy it :smiley:

Certainly an experience you won’t find me doing at this point in time :exclamation:

mad

keep the posts to managable lengths ta :laughing:

how do you get to go over there i would be interested in going

RAF reserves recruit from 18 to 55 years of age.All training is paid,and travell expenses from home to the base.Free healthcare,free meals,or minimum payment.After training you may well be sent to Iraq or Afghanistan.Or any where in the world,from the Ascension Islands.(Swim with giant turtles),Falklands,loading Boeing 747`s.Depending on permission from your C.O,you can go on exped trips,from kayaking in the Ardeche region of southern France,or skills competitions in Germany,all paid by the C.O.Fitness levels have to be good,lay of the pork pies and ginsters.Tax free bounty every year that increments yearly,from thousands of pounds.Good social life,you meet a lot of folks from all walks of life.My course,we had a travel agent,students,highway traffic cone man,any one really.Go along for an information day,have a drink and chat,you dont have to sign up for 5 years on that day.
RAF Brize Norton.As with the movements squadron,you can join the RAF regiment,they go out of the safety of the wire,to defend and patrol the air bases,expect contact on that one.It is all the website.

leave 24th or 25th oct to houston for re-induction then afghan

neil never spoken to you but ive read your posts…your a brave man …and i don my cap to you…im man enough to say i could never do a thing like that …make sure you come home safe to your friends and family…be safed m8

neil46:
This time its to afghanistan :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

neil46,good luck m8,still say your mad for going out to a war torn country for the sake of earning cash no matter how much it is.but i hope you have a safe trip and return uninjured.

Stay safe mate you boys are doing a grand job out there keep your head down and keep up the posts!!

Good Luck Neil, stay safe :sunglasses:

well kbr have kindly given me a direct flight to houston from heathrow.

leave these shores 10.40am sunday morning :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

all the best take it easy and be careful when you get out
to where they send you ,