Of all the people to do it!

I’m driving down a road in cardiff (north road for those who know the area) to deliver some coffins to a funeral home, and it’s a very nasty left hand turn to get in!! :frowning: but no worries as it’s 2 lanes so plenty of room, :slight_smile: I indicate left check my mirrors move out into the right lane but not fully because I don’t want no numpty trying pass me on the inside!!! :unamused: so at this point I’m stradling both lanes and guess what?? yep someone’s coming up on the inside!!! :question: :question:
I know you’re all thinking yeah so what it happens all day everyday, but this was a TRAFFIC COP!!! I couldn’t believe it!!! and she had the cheek to stop right by the side of me stare at me and shake her head, I was furious :imp: that I had done everything I could to show my intentions and she still done it!!
I checked all my indicators when I pulled up and they were working fine.
Rant over!!

Should have flattened her, the resulting investigation would probably mean she wasn’t a traffic officer for much longer :stuck_out_tongue:

Think I would’ve been tempted to just turn in and let her face the consequences, after all those traffic cars have video cameras so would’ve proved she was in the wrong

you said the magic word : “she”

beattun:

Indeed, this clarifies matters perfectly! :smiley:

beattun:

pmsl :smiley: :smiley:

Grayham:
Think I would’ve been tempted to just turn in and let her face the consequences, after all those traffic cars have video cameras so would’ve proved she was in the wrong

Who says she was wrong?
She may have been stupid and unobservant, but if there was room to get a car down there, then she could argue that the lane was open, and matey was in the wrong lane to turn left.
Just an opinion, but I wouldn’t want to test it in court.

mickfly:

Grayham:

Who says she was wrong?
She may have been stupid and unobservant, but if there was room to get a car down there, then she could argue that the lane was open, and matey was in the wrong lane to turn left.
Just an opinion, but I wouldn’t want to test it in court.

Even the highway code tells you to give room to manoevering HGV’s. I reckon one going slow over to the right with is left hand indicator on is a good sign he’s manoevering !!! Or drunk :smiley:

Grayham:

I agree but what’s the betting that the video just happened not to be recording at that time! Would have been great to see it on Traffic cops or some such like program - let Angus (just doing my job) pick the bones out of that one! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i was once coming round a bend over the crest of a hill fully loaded in a thunder storm when to my surprise i encountered a jam sandwich traveling straight towards me at speed on my side of the road.i braked firmly but as the opposite side of the road was one continuous line of traffic plod had nowhere to go so he just locked up and rammed his way into the line of traffic to avoid hitting me head on.i just carried on and chuckled to my self all the way home…thick [zb] :laughing:

you should have sufficiently blocked both lanes to prevent any cars from coming down either side of you, bikes ok you just have to let them get on with it if theyve managed to get up beside you, so failing the copper having mounted the kerb to get down beside you, youre in the wrong if a collison occurs

I would have got out and explained to her that one of these coffins has your name on it luv :stuck_out_tongue:

Sometimes however hard you try to show the general public that you need the space you are taking up there will be someone trying to squeeze through a gap as if those seconds of delay are the end of the world for them!

Wheel Nut:
I would have got out and explained to her that one of these coffins has your name on it luv :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: Your posts are getting sillier by the day, but I love em! :smiley:

Think you did the best thing IMHO, its a Copper and push come to shove they will always win the day in Court if it came to that. You could have got the reg number of the motor though and put a call through to the local nick (and still could) to complain but nothing would have come of it, they can do no wrong in a uniform :imp:

Women ■■■■■■■ drivers! I was behind one on my way home from work and she indicated to turn left and what does she go and do? She actually turns left! How am I supposed to prepare myself with these ■■■■■■■ mind games?

commonrail:
i was once coming round a bend over the crest of a hill fully loaded in a thunder storm when to my surprise i encountered a jam sandwich traveling straight towards me at speed on my side of the road.i braked firmly but as the opposite side of the road was one continuous line of traffic plod had nowhere to go so he just locked up and rammed his way into the line of traffic to avoid hitting me head on.i just carried on and chuckled to my self all the way home…thick [zb] :laughing:

You stupid driver!!! How could you be so inconsiderate…you should have stopped immediately to point and laugh at the copper! Fool :unamused: lol

bubsy06:
Women [zb] drivers! I was behind one on my way home from work and she indicated to turn left and what does she go and do? She actually turns left! How am I supposed to prepare myself with these [zb] mind games?

There are numerous bus stops just past road exits and we’re told we’re supposed to indicate in plenty of time for those vehicles behind to be aware. So if I indicate I’m pulling into a bus stop which is just past the road and there is a car waiting it could be misunderstood, despite the fact that the bus would clearly struggle to get down that road!

But likewise I have been waiting to pull out of a side road or junction and had someone approaching me indicating as if they wanted to pull in, but then drive past the junction. And a lot of the time it is not as if they are pulling in afterwards as they trundle off down the road with their left hand indicator flashing!

ISTR it does say in the DSA driving books ONLY to pull out after the vehicle that is indicating where they want to go actually start to perform the manoeuvre.

In a way it’s a pity that large vehicles don’t have a warning sign at the back that can flash up “Back Off - Manoeuvring” or something like that :smiley:

But yeah, mind games are [zb]. After a while they soon start to just [zb] you off and raise your hackles…