Odd truck

Sorry major nerd moment here, but just been followed out of Morecambr by an odd truck and was wondering if anyone knew what it was.

Was a 4 wheeler curtainsider, in silver and on trade plates. The front bumper was a DAF LF item, as was the headlights and surrounds. The grille on the other hand was almost Renault Like, and had a taped up badge hole in thr middle. No badge on the rear but 100% LED lights.

My only thought was it could be one of those Avia trucks if they are now using DAF chassis, but other than that, I’m stumped.

Thanks,
David.

Volvo FE??

waynedl:
Volvo FE??

With DAF bumper, headlights and fogs?

That’s why it puzzled me, the bonnet and Grille looked Renault like, but as Renault are part of Volvo, I can’t see them using DAF parts.

dew:

waynedl:
Volvo FE??

That’s why it puzzled me, the bonnet and Grille looked Renault like, but as Renault are part of Volvo, I can’t see them using DAF parts.

Yeah, my mate had 1 as a skip wagon and it was identical cab to the DAF LF 7.5t I used to drive for DHL.

dew:

waynedl:
Volvo FE??

It’s actually the other way around, Daf use the Renault Midlum cab on their LF range, so it may have been a Renault Midlum that you saw :bulb:

Could have a winner there, quick Google search and it appears the new ones look a lot more DAF like than the older ones. Must be an odd set up with the Volvo connection to Renault

Developing the cab for the CF or 65/75/85 range as it was called then, put Daf into bankruptcy, they obviously were a little bit older and wiser when it came to putting a cab on the LF range :laughing:

Called composite cabs, where all the maufacturers are sharing the basic structure, but putting their own cosmetics on it.

Guy at Volvo told me that about 2 years ago.

Ken.

Quinny:
Called composite cabs, where all the maufacturers are sharing the basic structure, but putting their own cosmetics on it.

Ken.

Composite cabs? I thought that was what ERF used, oh no sorry my mistake, that was crap cabs :laughing:

newmercman:

Quinny:

Ken.

Composite cabs? I thought that was what ERF used, oh no sorry my mistake, that was crap cabs :lol:

Get your tin 'at on :smiley: (How very dare you!)