Ocular migraine

Anyone suffer from ocular migraine?
Nothing on dvla website about notifying them.

4 years back i had migraine with aura,hospital overnight And then 2 yrs ago double vision ,this lasted 6 weeks , wouldnt wish that on anyone. Was up the hospital and carried on driving nothing was ever said about stopping . How i managed is anyone guess driving along seeing 2 of everything

ive been advised to contact dvla, for further guidance. Does that mean i dont have to?

crush99:
Anyone suffer from ocular migraine?
Nothing on dvla website about notifying them.

I started having these back in the 90s was driving along and noticed I could only see half of the number plates of cars going by I pulled into a rest area and after about 15 mins was back to normal,I saw the docs about it but he wasn’t to concerned,I had an eye test to rule out anything nasty,these would happen totaly out of the blue I would notice a squiggle line in my eyesight and knew one was coming,sometimes there would be flashing lights,I never had headaches with them which was fortunate,there was never a trigger eg chocolate,booze,stress.some years they occurred more and others maybe 4/5 times I haven’t had one for maybe 3 years and the only thing that worked for me was to take a break and close my eyes for maybe 15 mins.

As a migraine sufferer for over 30 years, I have never had to, nor been advised to contact the DVLA. I have been able to treat them using a mixture of strong painkillers, (30/500 Co-codamol.) and Ibuprofen. My doctor did put me on betablockers when I first started to get them, but they didn’t agree with me, and instead we chose the route of the former, in other words, treat them as they happen.

I was once at the coast on a weekend, and got an attack so bad, I had to call an ambulance and got taken to a small hospital where they injected me with morphine to quell it. That was the worst attack I ever had.

Now at 57, I get them less and less, but like Corij said, I wouldn’t wish them on anyone, and the problem is, nobody who doesn’t get them, understands.

Ken.

How is your blood pressure?
I think it is connected to occulars