OCRS Score and Drivers

Is it about time that drivers seeking employment with a haulage company, to have the right to see the imformation VOSA hold on said company? Then maybe drivers would steer clear of less reputable companies.
The info held on the OCRS system is currently only available to the operator licence holder at present.

weeto:
Is it about time that drivers seeking employment with a haulage company, to have the right to see the imformation VOSA hold on said company?

Yes i would say so, i wouldn’t fancy taking a job with a company with a bad score.

Yeah they want to see a lot from us so why not vice versa

Add to that when haulage/bus/coach companies tendering for work state thier OCRS rating when tendering for work.
No work from local authorities when its public monies If you are on red.

I know of a local coach company who are on red. But they have varous school contracts running buses / coaches.
They looked in such a state of disrepair that loads of parents just refused to let thier kids travel on them.
The responce from the council was “This company quoted the cheapest tender so we are obliged to go with this company”

Again people’s safety is comprimised over quality.

If you need to know ask, if they won’t show you it’s one of two things either bad rating or it’s nothing to do with you.

Could always try asking at interviews. A company (like the one I work for) shout it from the rooftops that they’re double green.

Obviously someone who won’t divulge theirs has something to hide.

ND888 BIGJ:
Add to that when haulage/bus/coach companies tendering for work state thier OCRS rating when tendering for work.
No work from local authorities when its public monies If you are on red.

I know of a local coach company who are on red. But they have varous school contracts running buses / coaches.
They looked in such a state of disrepair that loads of parents just refused to let thier kids travel on them.
The responce from the council was “This company quoted the cheapest tender so we are obliged to go with this company”

Again people’s safety is comprimised over quality.

This was raised by a coach operator at a VOSA seminar I went to many years ago, he basically said exactly what you said. That councils are duty bound to take the lowest quote for a contract regardless of the ocrs score of the company.

no, as i really don’t think it matters

let’s be honest, one crap driver can give a company a black mark, which would put the company of either an amber or even a red

and, once on red, it takes quite a while to get back to green again

shuttlespanker:
let’s be honest, one crap driver can give a company a black mark,

:wink:

Smoggie89:
Yeah they want to see a lot from us so why not vice versa

There is an organisation called “De Poel”, who do hold lots of info on drivers, akin to a drivers OCRS score if you like. Everyone was up in arms about them. Some of what they hold, or intended on holding was stopped. But they still hold info and drivers are vetted through them. And if one company blacklists you then you’re stuffed for a job through anyone that uses them. With no recourse and without finding out who uses them. And also probably not aware you even signed (maybe not you personally) away your info for De Poel to use … :smiley: