Ocado Home Delivery Drivers

Anyone else done above job, just put my application form in thought id ask if anyone else has done the job and know what the usual info on what they’re like to work for etc

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

No, sorry.

BUT, they deliver my grub on a regular basis and the missus says the drivers are always friendly and polite.

She did say they were mostly knocking on though, so semi retired maybe?

Plenty of opportunity for a young stud to help the young mum put things away :stuck_out_tongue:

I did the job for 9 months, you work most weekends and bank holidays unless its a rest day or you book it off, early shift starts at 6 am till 2pm ish, late shift 3 - 4pm till midnight (last delivery slot around 11pm) 7 days a week. Furthest place they deliver to is Stoke on Trent and Matlock, Derbyshire. Lots of hard to reach and hard to find houses, farms and mansions in tight remote villages, especially on lates in the dark with no street lights and snow + sheet ice, oh and you only get 7 mins delivery time from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave, handballing between 4 - 10 plastic boxes (totes) per drop, weighing up to 25kgs up 6 flights of stairs in posh apartment complexes, it will keep you fit trust me !!

You print off your own receipts and customer list of addresses and phone numbers for that shift, to be completed in drop order unless a customer is not in, then you either return at the end of shift or its a next day re-delivery, the call centre (customer services) will be on your case in either event , 70% turn over of staff. Good luck you will need it.

I don’t know what that particular co is like, but it is hard work (especially here in Wales where they can’t use plastic shopping bags so have to unpack everything).

roadrunner:
I did the job for 9 months, you work most weekends and bank holidays unless its a rest day or you book it off, early shift starts at 6 am till 2pm ish, late shift 3 - 4pm till midnight (last delivery slot around 11pm) 7 days a week. Furthest place they deliver to is Stoke on Trent and Matlock, Derbyshire. Lots of hard to reach and hard to find houses, farms and mansions in tight remote villages, especially on lates in the dark with no street lights and snow + sheet ice, oh and you only get 7 mins delivery time from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave, handballing between 4 - 10 plastic boxes (totes) per drop, weighing up to 25kgs up 6 flights of stairs in posh apartment complexes, it will keep you fit trust me !!

You print off your own receipts and customer list of addresses and phone numbers for that shift, to be completed in drop order unless a customer is not in, then you either return at the end of shift or its a next day re-delivery, the call centre (customer services) will be on your case in either event , 70% turn over of staff. Good luck you will need it.

I may have to change supplier than because ASDA bring it to my front door and no further. I have to lug it upstairs or I phone a friend

Wheel Nut:

roadrunner:

I may have to change supplier than because ASDA bring it to my front door and no further. I have to lug it upstairs or I phone a friend

I think it’s the same, but if your front door is 6 stories up is what he means I think?

Wheel Nut:
Plenty of opportunity for a young stud to help the young mum put things away :stuck_out_tongue:

But can young jonny give the milfs a good seeing to in only 7 minutes? Jonny do us proud, we have taught you the ways of the world… go forward and become a top driver and top shagger.

I don’t think 7 minutes is enough.

One American lady once recalled that having ■■■ with JFK was the most memorable 30 seconds of her life. Quantity isn’t quality.

Thanks folks :slight_smile: I’ve applied for it on the off chance I might get it with me only having my license near 2 months but I heard they give young/new drivers a chance so I thought I may give it a shot. Doesn’t seem that bad, i’ve applied for a position in Leeds if anyone knows what they’re specifically like to work for, but I sort of have an idea what to expect now.

Cheers

If the customer requests the shopping unpacking on the kitchen table, then you do it !!, otherwise they phone the call centre to lodge a complaint and you in turn get dragged in the office for a disciplinary. I did it many a time for the disabled and elderly customers, they usually give you a tip. :wink:

The 7 minute drop times are so they can give you 12 - 28 drops in one shift over a potential 250 miles, asda, tesco and sainsburys are only local deliveries within a set radius.

jonnytruckfest:
Thanks folks :slight_smile: I’ve applied for it on the off chance I might get it with me only having my license near 2 months but I heard they give young/new drivers a chance so I thought I may give it a shot. Doesn’t seem that bad, i’ve applied for a position in Leeds if anyone knows what they’re specifically like to work for, but I sort of have an idea what to expect now.

Cheers

Birstall mate, thats where i ran out of. My current job is only 2 mins from there depot on Dark Lane.

roadrunner:

Did it for 5 years, I’d go along with most of what RR says. Depends which depot you’re applying for as to the density of your drops. London (Hatfield, White City, Weybridge depots - they’ve probably opened some more by now) is not much fun, mostly high rise deliveries and no parking. The more rural depots (spokes in Ocado speak) can be really nice work, especially in the summer. As mentioned finding remote farmhouses (Avonmouth spoke does Wales etc) in the dark can be a pig. All deliveries are based on satnav timings (they provide a Panasonic pda with nav software every shift). It will keep you fit. I’ve done worse jobs and the pay isn’t bad for vans, especially if you stick it for a couple of years and the service premium starts to build (£5 a week after 1 year, £10 after 2 etc up to £25). Used to be plenty of overtime too if you want it. I miss it sometimes.

Good luck

We had a female driver called “Paula”, a very nice lass very chatty and out going, she was given 21 drops around Huddersfield, Halifax and Hebden Bridge, she came back off route in tears and quit on the spot, saying it was “hell on earth” :laughing: . (this is the bogey route that everyone hated at the Leeds spoke, due to being particularly stressful. ) seriously though it will make you, or break you and at the very least will sharpen up your navigation skills. And i won’t mention the smartdrive camera. :unamused:

I actually want wee jonny to get this job, i feel sorry for the young chap. He could be down the park drinking a bottle of wine like all the other chavs but instead he is choking for a job.

Do you get tips at chrimbo from the punters? I bet you’re no even allowed to accept them if you did :unamused:

merc0447:
I actually want wee jonny to get this job, i feel sorry for the young chap. He could be down the park drinking a bottle of wine like all the other chavs but instead he is choking for a job.

Do you get tips at chrimbo from the punters? I bet you’re no even allowed to accept them if you did :unamused:

Coming from the land of tight northern gits, not very often, the materially wealthy, with the Range Rover Sports, Porsches and Bentley Continetal GT’s are the tightest of all and the most miserable including the “Milfs”, the pensioners in back to back terraces, without two halfpennies to rub together the most generous. The best christmas tip i ever got was a crisp tenner from a chap originally from dublin, thoroughly jolly nice bloke he was too.

roadrunner:
And i won’t mention the smartdrive camera. :unamused:

lol nearly forgot about them, drive over a twig and they go off then it’s off for a bollocking for picking your nose or whatever you happened to be doing :stuck_out_tongue:

DearBoy:

roadrunner:
And i won’t mention the smartdrive camera. :unamused:

lol nearly forgot about them, drive over a twig and they go off then it’s off for a bollocking for picking your nose or whatever you happened to be doing :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup go over a pothole, when it goes off with a can of red bull in your hand and its a guaranteed trip to the spoke managers office for a disciplinary and or “sanctions”, not that i would know of such things. :blush:

merc0447:

What they don’t know won’t hurt them :wink: I’m unloading containers at the moment but as it’s agency work you never know when your next shift is going to be your last until the end of your last shift. It’s good work and a slight advantage the managers wife being the owner of the agency but in a sense I can see the permanent job being dangled infront of ones person like the carrot and donkey situation so sooner I find a full time position the better…and by all accounts the pays quite good too :slight_smile:

Cheers

Leeds spoke pays :- Monday - Saturday up to 6pm: GBP 7.01ph
Monday - Saturday after 6pm: GBP 8.16ph
Sunday - up to 6pm: GBP 8.76ph
Sunday - after 6pm - GBP 10.20ph

Its not that great, but probably more than you get for unloading containers and as i say you will earn every penny of it. Its probably an ideal first rung on the ladder for you, but as you are so young and have no - experience, will count against you, at Leeds they hoovered up all of the ex - Comet 7.5 ton, 40 - 50 plus age group drivers.