Ocado Hatfield

Anyone on this forum had problems at this depot in respect of, rudeness, ignorant and arrogant attitude of goods in, and also false accusations made against anyone, or anyone got banned from there, if so what for?

Been there loads, nice people, very polite, always greeted in a nice and professional manner. Usually young people at goods in… can’t fault them in any way. Would happily give them all a job if I needed good staff.

Been there numerous times also no problems with staff, but they are not always the quickest to tip you.

Used to do it regularly a couple of years ago, never had a problem, the only place I go where I experience the behaviour you’ve described is tesco…!

ZippyUK:
Anyone on this forum had problems at this depot in respect of, rudeness, ignorant and arrogant attitude of goods in, and also false accusations made against anyone, or anyone got banned from there, if so what for?

just cockerknees for you! :laughing:

Been there a few times & never had a problem, but then I’m always fairly Easy Going when I book in at most RDC’s & expect the worst !

The ‘cockney’ bloke on the barrier is an bit of a knob.
The next thing is… he rings goods in, they tell him to tell me to drive round and park up and take paperwork to goods in, so i drive round. (in all the times, approx 15-20 times, i have never been given a bay straight away, and its not because theyre all full)
Get stopped by the old boys asking if you got a bay, i say no im gonna park over there and walk in to goods in, they say park there and report to goods in (jobs for the boys, they serve no purpose)
Go to goods in, ‘you got 10 pallets of so and so?’ i say yes, they say ok, bay so and so please. Ok, no problem, but the parking ■■■■’s say its unsafe to reverse less than 20ft onto a bay, so i have to drive all the way round the site again (i dont know why they couldnt have said this to the security bloke, it would save me 5mins driving)
Get onto bay, keys to goods in, the good thing is you can sit in your motor while getting tipped.
Eventually (long tips are the norm here) light goes green, go and get keys and paperwork, and off you go, stopping at security to hand in the site map, ‘cockney’ bloke undoes window, hangs hand out, pass him the map, and before you can say cheers mate the window is closed.
This happens every single time i go there (15-20times so far) i know exactly what to expect, it ■■■■■■ me off a bit (i would be a lot happier if they just gave me a bay to go on when im booking in at gatehouse) but i dont let it get to me, as it means i get some time on my i-pad.
Never had accusations or been banned thou.
I cant say theyre any worse than any other RDC thou, theyre all crap really.

This ^^^^^^^^^^ Got the gatehouse guy,spot on.I don’t get too close to the gatehouse on the way out,should see the face when stretched :laughing: :laughing:

bald bloke:
Been there numerous times also no problems with staff, but they are not always the quickest to tip you.

+1
As far as RDC’s go this is Deffo towards the top of the league

I could be wrong but reading between the lines I suspect its a case of if you give the Gi staff attitude, you’ll get the same back

Always found goods in staff quite pleasant and majority of the time cheerful, never had a problem with any of the staff

jackdaw:
This ^^^^^^^^^^ Got the gatehouse guy,spot on.I don’t get too close to the gatehouse on the way out,should see the face when stretched :laughing: :laughing:

+2. But on the way out several times he’s not been there so will dump map/ h&s thingy in the box provided.

Oh also good canteen they have by the way.

Thanks for the reply’s, sad to say nothing said on here is going to help me :frowning:

as the rest never had a problem with staff but you do need to teel them how many pallets or lifts if you got multi drop on or they will tip the lot off. even the ■■■■ gate house man i ain’t had a problem with

ZippyUK:
Thanks for the reply’s, sad to say nothing said on here is going to help me :frowning:

Spill the beans, what did you do?